Chapter 11

"We're leaving."

You've overstayed your welcome. As bad as this all seems, you can't bring yourself to hate them. They acted out of love. If you were put in such a situation you can't say you wouldn't have done the same.

They won't meet your eyes and you send them a smile.

"I love you both, more than anything in this world." Elizabeth looks up.

"I'm not happy with what I learned, but you were put in a tough spot. You both were."

John shakes his head. "We were wrong."

"No you weren't. There was a threat to my life, and you made a decision to keep me safe, protected. I couldn't have asked for better parents. Thank you." Elizabeth is about to cry again, she settles for a hug. "Please be careful. The world has changed but there are still people out there who would do anything to get their hands on our power. "

"I know. I have friends who are going to help me. It'll take a while, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. I have to." She rubs your back a few times, "It was good seeing you (Y/N)."

"You too mom." She pulls back, and your father smiles. His eyes shift to Loki who's faced towards the street. He's still a bit upset from your words. So you aren't surprised with his childish way of ignoring you.

"Laufeyson!" Loki turns abruptly.

"Sir."

"Take care of my daughter."

"Dad he's not my-"

"I know." He says that, but he's still wearing a knowing look.

"I'll do my best." Loki assures.

John nods, "That's all I need to know."

The questions you have been in search of, there answered. Now the rest is up to you.

What path were you supposed to take now?

You aren't entirely sure, but hey, at least you had a better understanding of it all.

~~~~~~

"So we're gonna do this the whole way back?" It was getting old, was he really going to act like a baby for the rest of the trip to New York.

"Do what exactly."

"You pouting, me, begging for your forgiveness." Loki shifted in his seat on the jet, but said nothing.

"Loki I was mad okay, just let it go. I didn't mean it."

"Didn't you?" He unbuckled the seatbelt, moving over to you. Straightening, you just look as he takes a seat right by your side.

"I'm a villain (Y/N), that's the way the world sees me, and you do too. Why should I try to prove them wrong? I've been going along with this whole charade like a puppet on a string. The avengers, those self righteous mortals and you. A broken, sad, barely sane midgardian. I don't know who's more pathetic, you or me."

His words sting, and rather than act, you just sit there, turning your head to the window. Your eyes just mark the clouds, and when he sees the single tear stream down your cheek, he knows that he's completely messed up.