Chapter 13

For the rest of the afternoon, you try to repeat what you'd done earlier, but no such luck. Maybe it was the fact that now you had a bigger audience. Tony, Bruce, Natasha, Wanda and Steve.

"Y-You know when you guys stare at me like that it's harder to concentrate."

"Come on twinkle toes, Wanda says you went all superman. "

"Not exactly how I remember the encounter. " you grumble.

"You'll be fine. Just concentrate. You've got this." Natasha spoke.

They all sent smiles of encouragement. You have to admit, having their support meant a lot.

Loki phasing into the room throws that all off. You suddenly feel painfully exposed.

"Still cuddling her I see. " He folds his arms. "It's been two weeks. You're still at the very same level. You're slow even for a midgardian. " You know he's just trying to provoke you. The team isn't oblivious either. There's been tension since the day you came back.

"I'm not playing your game Loki. " You won't let him mess with you.

"I'm merely stating facts. " you clench your fist, and Natasha looks like she's about to beat the crap out of him.

"You aren't being challenged. It's why you won't improve. These foolish tasks they are giving you won't amount to anything. " He opens both palms, daggers appearing in each.

"Loki!" Steve yells, and Wanda lifts her hands to stop any advance.

"It's okay." Your voice is calm, and it surprises all of them, even yourself because right now your heart is racing like crazy.

Loki wears that smirk. The one he thinks you can't see through. He's just as bad at hiding his feelings as you are at pretending you aren't still terrified by all of this.

"Has the little mouse finally found her bravery. " He approaches like a tiger, and you keep your focus on his body. Your goal is to keep him at a distance. The next step he takes, he freezes for a second. He looks like he's trying to move, but he's meeting a little resistance. Everyone's tuned now. "Cute, but you'll have to do better. " He pushes through and you grunt. Your body can physically feel it. It's possible that he's applying his magic, you confirm that when you see the small green flecks at the bottom of his feet. You retaliate, raising a hand.

Loki drops his blade, sliding it across the floor. You're not sure the reason, until that dagger becomes a snake. You shut your eyes, still keeping your mind firmly fixated on keeping him at bay.

"It's an illusion." you mutter.

"Is it?"

You swallow, and it slithers all the way up your leg. With a hiss it's mouth opens and you scream. A pulse shoots out and it drops to the floor. The heavy clattering of metal has Loki narrowing his eyes.

"You dispelled it.." He sounds impressed.

You aren't.

You wave your hand to the side, and Loki's body jerks. He slams into the wall and they all react.

"Not so pathetic now am I?" The hurt from that day is still fresh in your mind.

"Is it fun playing on people's fears! Toying with them, hurting them!!" Your yells keep him bound to the wall, and Tony is beginning to become concerned.

"How do you like it!" The wind picks up, and Loki raises his hand to his neck as if he's struggling to breathe. He lets out shallow gasps and Steve steps in.

"That's enough (Y/N)."

"NO!" you turn, eyes completely lit with a blue glow. Steve is shoved back to the opposite wall, grunting. As harsh as the push was, he's doing a lot better than Loki right now. Your head whips back, and Loki is still fighting to regain his breath. Wanda isn't sure how to act. She doesn't want to hurt you.

"Snap out of it, the guy's a pest but we know you don't want to really hurt him. You're not like him (Y/N)." Tony knows he has to talk you down. An altercation will have to be a last resort.

"(Y-Y/N).." Loki is still fighting to get oxygen into his lungs.

"WHAT!!"

He smiles, a sad defeated one.

"I'm...sorry.."

Two little words. You never thought such words could sound so sincere, especially from him.

Your hand lowers slowly, and the glow dims until your orbs are once again visible. The minute you've come to your senses, you want to run. Because this time you don't have the excuse of losing control. You did this. You wanted him to hurt, as much as you did when he crushed your feelings. Loki's feet touch the ground, and you refuse to look his way, or anyone else's.

"(Y/N)." Loki's call makes you shut your eyes tightly.

You wish you could just snap yourself out of that room. Far away. When you feel a pair of arms wrap around your body, that's when you open your eyes. It's Loki of all people. Hugging you.

"I'm sorry." He repeats. "Please forgive me."

You should be begging for his forgiveness.

All you can manage is a nod, lifting your arms, you return the hug, sighing at the warmth his body emits.

"You smell nice." It's muffled slightly because of his clothing, but he hears, laughing lowly.

Steve and Tony gape at the scene.

Wanda and Natasha, they aren't that shocked.

"Did you know about this?" Tony questions. Steve shakes his head as he moves from the wall he was once pinned to. "No clue." He replies.

"Guys are blind." Natasha concludes.

"Loki, before..what I said..I-I'm sorry too."

He knows, you don't have to say much else.

"We both have a lot to work on."

Ain't that the truth.