𝘜- ᵐᵉᵉᵗⁱⁿᵍ ᵃᵍᵃⁱⁿ ᵃⁿᵈ ʷᵉˡˡˢ

Iᴛ ᴡᴀs ʜɪs ғᴀᴜʟᴛ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ, sʜᴇ ʜᴀᴅ ʀᴜɴ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏғ ᴛʜɪɴɢs ᴛᴏ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ
~ Aᴛᴛɪᴄᴜs

Heart beating rapidly against his chest, no one could tell whether it was from how much he ran or from the fact the (Y/n) was severely injured.

Chifuyu panted as he stopped in his path, madly swivelling his head to look for the pair.

Emma had called through sobs and that was the last he remembered.

Where are they?

He thought to himself as he stood in front of an old coffee shop. An old woman, who he guessed owned the shop, smiled at him through wrinkles.

The old lady seemed so serene, an abnormal feeling of comfort may be something that all grandmothers held naturally radiated so easily from her.

She looked like...

(Y/n)!

In a frenzy, he glanced around again only to lay his eyes upon a streetlight.

He immediately did a double-take as he remembered the remnants of his first trip to the nearest wishing well.

His mind flashed the picture of the red hue glowering on Mikey and instantly bolted down the streets.

(Y/n) don't leave so early.

His eyes fogged with anxiety that he almost took the wrong left turn to the well.

In this life, at least she wasn't his, she never was yet he almost felt ashamed chasing after a pair who only recognized him as a ghost.

If he were the sun, she would chase after the moon.

It was strange from a different sight, how invested he could be in someone else's life but he had to push because if he were to leave early he had plenty of good memories with him: Baji Keisuke.

He knew time was moving too fast for him, he just got her and she's already leaving.

He couldn't understand it. He knew he never would. The twisted world that never stopped being unforgivable; someone so close always seemed so far.

It couldn't happen so early. No, it just couldn't.

Mikey! (Y/n)! Please stay strong!

He demanded internally, praying that the place his sore legs were carrying him was correct.

And so he went, thundering down the streets.

꧁༺༒༻꧂

"(Y/n)... Let's wait for him." Mikey asked the well was soon close and so was their journey to end.

"Just a while more, I want to say goodbye. Let's go home," she smiled through the pain as they now stood aimlessly in from of the portal.

There it was, the diamond tears rolling down each other faces as he stood her on the ground while supporting her to his chest.

Quivering lips, unblinking eyes, red and puffy noses and eyes, slumped figures pressed against each other met with silence.

All though, they should be thankful to have met each other yet abandoning the home this lifetime gave never seemed crueller.

Ultimately, to be with each other they had to.

"(Y/n)?"

Their eyes widened almost immediately at the voice.

They turned not too quickly as they were acquainted with their faux blonde friend, who held as much as a distressed expression as them.

"We're leaving, Chifuyu-" Mikey informed only to be cut off by a very disturbed Chifuyu.