𝘎- ⁱⁿᵗʳᵒᵈᵘᶜᵗⁱᵒⁿ ᵃⁿᵈ ʳᵉᶜᵒˡˡᵉᶜᵗⁱᵒⁿ

Cᴏᴍᴇ ᴍʏ ᴅᴀʀʟɪɴɢ. Iᴛ ɪs ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴛᴏ ʟᴀᴛᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇɢɪɴ ᴏᴜʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ.
~ Aᴛᴛɪᴄᴜs

Her weak heart was always ready for adventure. Her weak heart chose new memories but something at the very back of his mind whispered negative nothings.

A follower, never a leader.

A fighter, never a lover.

But (Y/n) had known long before the present meeting; in the roughness of the weather, under the few streetlights at the peek of midnight, waiting for the final verdict of Manjiro Sano.

It would be her first time meeting him.

As per her plan, Kokonoi had done the negotiating to join Toman and being the professional he is, they would be part of the gang.

A new God.

A new beginning.

A new memory, hopefully, that would be worthwhile recollecting.

The blistering wind of winter didn't help in keeping her anxiety at bay. Although Manjiro was more than willing to cooperate with their permission to join, that tiny voice spoke to her again,

What if he didn't want a girl in his gang?

Surely, he wouldn't have such an outdated path of reasoning. Plus, he did agree to Kokonoi's terms to allow a girl to enlist.

The time had come, as the three: Kokonoi, (Y/n) and Inui, lingered patiently behind a pillar of the abandoned temple to be finally welcomed and devoted to their new leader.

"Kisaki Tetta! Step forward! "

Her eyes dimed at that name.

"Wasn't he the rascal that ratted out his gang members?" Inupi lowered his voice an octave with a listless face.

Kokonoi hummed in response.

"I know for sure Mikey is going to rock his shit... This is going to be interesting," Kokonoi replied with pure entertainment, momentarily pausing between his words to ensure he wasn't being troublesome in the meeting.

"We're done here, Kisaki"

Mikey's voice had become quite hoarse from the weather. Yet the sharpness in his tone remained unhindered.

Chifuyu internally grimaced for the begging young boy, hoping to change the leader's mind. On the contrary, Takemicchi did his happy dance in his mind thanking the gods for listening to his prayers.

(Y/n) had experienced traitors before and to say it went well was far from the truth. It would have always ended with her pencil heels down their throats, piercing their mouth.

She was way too impressed with how calmly Manjiro was reacting that she almost missed the introductions.

"-will be joining us"

Soft murmurs rang throughout the flood of gangsters while neither Toman's number one nor number two paid any mind to the newcomers.

Inupi and her heels clicked against the smooth concrete their legs unhurriedly carrying themselves to the very front platform where the commanders stood.

At that very moment, almost everything surrounding Chifuyu slowed down, hearing distant church bells even though the meeting area was in the most isolated part of Shibuya.

Her grace, her steady and hypnotic eyes, her hair that was glittering with specs of snow, her soft and rosy lips. She was right in front of him.

(L/n) (Y/n).

It was... Nostalgic...

Although it should have been painful to watch his wife be in love with another man, he held no distaste as he had Baji in his life.

One glance. One glance he took and his entire world came down as his darkened eyes widened. She was as beautiful as she used to be in his memories.

Yet, when her eyes laid on him, she held no ounce of recognition. Whether it was incredible acting or she truly had no idea who he was, either way, the situation was most definitely leading to something good.

Chifuyu clawed at his wedding ring in his coat pocket, head ducked, lips quivering lightly and eyes glossing over with tears that he skillfully managed to hold back.

Out of all the series of unfortunate events, (Y/n) was fine and alive.

The very first step of their plan to find her was already completed. Now, part of the plan was to somehow push her closer to Mikey so that hopefully they both could get the happiness they deserved.

The former Black Dragons walked down the steps with pride, turned to face their superiors, and bowed in gratitude before lifting themselves from the position.

Only then did (Y/n) get a proper view of the Sano Manjiro, who went by Mikey among gangs. As he stood almost a foot above the height given by the difference in the levels (she stood at the bottom of the stairs while he stood at the top).

He was harshly blinking against the weather and finally, his eyelids opened.

The eyes were gates to the soul yet she couldn't discern the secrets embedded in the opaque abyss. Even his pupils were hidden away though his eyes had grown bigger.

By some means, there was this heat to his gaze that could melt the snow around them. And simply so, her naive heart picked this new memory; she knew internally the stare would leave an inexpressible impression on her.

What emotion was that?