𝘖- ᵈᵉᶜˡᵃʳᵃᵗⁱᵒⁿˢ ᵃⁿᵈ ᶜᵘʳˢᵉˢ

Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs ʙʟɪɴᴋᴇᴅ, ᴀs ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜᴇᴅ ʜᴇʀ ᴄᴀᴜᴛɪᴏᴜsʟʏ, ᴊᴇᴀʟᴏᴜs ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ sʜᴇ sʜᴏɴᴇ.
~ Aᴛᴛɪᴄᴜs

Eventually, his breaths mixed with the air creating puffs of mist. He knew the impact of the truth.

Maybe what he was aiming for would only backfire and demolish his goal.

The destruction of truth had no limit to freedom.

The freedom of knowing the vicious pain of carrying a weight that agonized his shoulders for ages; once being said out in the open, whether the truth is too brutal to accept, there was a sweetness in the liberty.

He watched as the dusk fell sooner than expected, the streetlights zipped past them as they sped down the lanes.

Only when they reached a traffic signal did they halt. The twilight held this serene beauty to it, too bad it wouldn't be as memorable as Chifuyu planned it to be.

The nightfall speckled with stars. Yet, all he could remember was the way the stars would peer down at (Y/n) cautiously as she outshone them.

"Mikey, do you know any wishing wells around here?" Chifuyu probed as he side glanced at the man beside him.

Their heated engines, which weren't turned off as they stood under the ominous red light, coughed and choked gusts of pollution. It was the only white noise to their silence.

Mikey hummed at his question, shrugging softly which led to him flexing his shoulders to help with the dull ache of driving around.

His blank inky eyes reflected the red light. As he stared straight ahead, leaning his upper side against the fuel tank of the Cb250t. His jawline popped out in that position as he tiredly crossed his arms over the tank.

"I know a wishing well here, I bet it's the only one around," Mikey remarked, breaking the silence as he watched the light go from yellow to green.

He matched Chifuyu's speed as he continued:

"Just follow me!" Suddenly Manjiro surged with energy as he put a pedal to the metal and raced down the streets.

Chifuyu grinned madly at his leader and wasted no time in gaining momentum as his unzipped coat fluttered against the wind.

Bee-lining down the vulnerable roads, they at least reached the destination.

The well...

It looked precisely identical. The same squeaking iron wheel, and the old mud tiled roof. It was nostalgic.

Chifuyu snapped out of his daze not wanting to look the least bit suspicious although he was about the announce something related to the well.

"So... You and (Y/n) huh?" Chifuyu asked nervously, trying to tease the male next to him under the pale moonlight.

"Not yet... I want her to be but not yet," Mikey ruefully admitted, starting at the well also.

Chifuyu pulled out the ring without hesitation, gathering as much courage as he could.

"Mikey-"

"No homo, amigo." Mikey suddenly raised both of his hands in the air as if he were surrendering.

Chifuyu scoffed at him, which earned a perplexed look from Mikey.

"This ring isn't for you, it's mine."

Mikey held out his palm, wordlessly asking for the ring and without a second thought, Chifuyu did. After the small inspection, he returned the ring.

"Mikey, this might seem crazy but I knew you or I used to..." Chifuyu explained calmly.

Mikey narrowed his eyes at him as if he were straight away evaluating his every move. Well, it was an expected reaction from him.

"Mikey, in your past life you died, as per legend you were trying to kidnap (Y/n) but it was wrong she told-"

"What the hell are you saying Chifuyu?" He calmly enquired.

"Let me fucking explain!" Chifuyu gasped at his tone, the truth was bubbling right in his throat.

"Mikey, this ring. It's my wedding ring, she was my wife-"

And just like that, a fist met with his cheek and Chifuyu took a few steps back. He was half expecting this reaction out of him.

A small purple patch began forming on his jaw, clearly from the punch yet the numbing feeling of the confession gave him moral support.

"How do you remember all this?" Mikey inquired as he met Chifuyu's dazed eyes.

Chifuyu stumbled a bit before pointing at the wishing well, his other hand caressing his cheek to soothe the pain.

"We time-travelled through a wishing well." Chifuyu disclosed, hoping by now Mikey would accept it.

"Mikey, I'm not lying even a bit. Please believe me." Chifuyu begged his eyes piercing Mikey's to find any hint of endorsement.

"You never had to convince me, I already knew."

He recalled that one glance. One glance he took and his entire world came down as his darkened eyes widened. She was as beautiful as she used to be in his memories.

Yet, when her eyes laid on him, she held no ounce of recognition. Whether it was incredible acting or she truly had no idea who he was, either way, the situation was most definitely leading to something good.

"I had to watch her die over and over again." Mikey squatted in front of the wishing well.

Chifuyu sat close to him, listening intently as his head remained fuzzy from his declaration.

"I- you... Okay..." Chifuyu incoherently murmured.

Mikey let out a dark chuckle. His voice mellowed down.

"It's like a curse you can say, we get reborn into this situation every era. It's not every time she remembers, mostly she does but you're the first one to come from our past."

Chifuyu nodded silently.

This has happened over and over again?

God that's horrible...

"(Y/n)... I was so close to marrying her in the last era yet somebody interfered and now this entire era is chaos." Mikey explained.

Now, his bitterness made sense to Chifuyu; telling him that he used to be her husband when he was so close to achieving what he had in Mickey's last life must have felt mocking.

"In other words, she could have been saved the last time?..." Chifuyu trailed off, the agony of the predicament crashing onto him.

Mikey hummed.

"And she can be saved. Who said I was giving up on her?"