𝘜- ˡᵒᵛᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵘⁿᵉˣᵖᵉᶜᵗᵉᵈ ᵗᵘʳⁿˢ

Sʜᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ᴏғ ᴍᴀɢɪᴄ, ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴏɴʟʏ ɪ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴇᴇ
~ ᴀᴛᴛɪᴄᴜs

"Manjiro?" She said as she weaved her nimble fingers through his perfect blonde hair.

Their attire and hair swayed ever so softly with the unhurried whiffs of wind. His body laid perfectly still on the grassy hilltop with his head propped on her lap. She sat in ease, basking under the canopy of the tree; the fading warmth of the sun became increasingly notable.

"Hmm?" He hummed, encouraging her to continue as he inwardly sighed at the euphoria of the cool wind, her fingers massaging his scalp and the lush green grass beneath him.

"Let's run away." That was all she mumbled placing a chaste kiss on his temple, hoping that he would agree.

His face was etched with mischief and he raised an eyebrow at her, tracing his rough fingertip along her jawline.

"Where to? We're in the centre of the kingdom. It'll be a tough journey out of here," He whispered, promptly sitting up as he braced himself in his elbows.

"I've already thought of it. We'll leave at dawn then we will go through the woods-"

"Ah yes! We'd make jolly good friends there, especially the beavers. Bet they'll love me"

A weak whack to his head instantly shut the baker up; he merely laughed at her while she held a small smile on her face.

"I'm joking," He surrendered, "You know I'll follow you anywhere, but... What's the occasion?"

Silence.

The silence made the hushed whistle of the wind noisy.

The silence made the swish of the grass under the dominance of the breeze distinct.

The silence was intensifying their nerves.

"Y/n? What's wrong?" He pierced through the stillness.

"I'm... I'm being sent off," She briefed.

This immediately made him sit up straight. His hands gripping the grass.

"Exile?"

"No, no. Our kingdom is financially unstable and well, I am being wedded to a prince. An apathetic one at that."

He blinked once.

Then twice.

"Wedded?"

"Yes! And so we shall run. Far away. Wouldn't it be lovely to stay in a nice and quiet place?"

With a tiny smile, he cupped her face with his cosy palms.

"I would follow you through hell if I have to. I love you"

Their plan should have worked. No, her plan. However, there he was eyes full of tears yet a bold and bloody smile on his face as his head was mounted on the guillotine. Before the sharp blade could drop, he mouthed.

"I love you"

Solemn murmurs rang about. Nobody enjoying the sight of the blood of a 27-year-old boy spilt.

"NO!!" A blonde girl yelled through glossy eyes, who was being held back by a much taller male.

"Fuck you, pigs!" She wailed in the male's shoulder.

Ah, she was his sister. Of course, she would hate Y/n, who else was to blame for luring the boy to escape with her.

He just...

He...

Was gone.

Head bagged and to be flung into a river, the incident never to be uttered out.

L/n Y/n, princess of Telemark was, forcefully, made to devote herself to a stranger.

Welp, Things just kept getting better and better.