𝘐- ᶠᵃⁱˡᵉᵈ ᵃᵗᵗᵉᵐᵖᵗˢ ᵃⁿᵈ ᶜᵒⁿⁿᵉᶜᵗⁱᵒⁿˢ

Wᴇ ᴡᴇʀᴇ sᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ, ʜᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ. Tᴏᴏ ᴡɪʟᴅ ᴛᴏ ʟᴀsᴛ, ᴛᴏᴏ ʀᴀʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋ
~Aᴛᴛɪᴄᴜs

How was it his fault?

As his eyes gazed deeply into hers.

Was his heart at fault?

When her absolute beauty filled his senses.

The frostiness of the atmosphere, the wind forcing its path towards their bodies yet Manjiro knew her glamour could melt the dry air almost reminding him of the feeling of the fresh spring breeze.

He felt a burning energy plough through his veins.

Opaque eyes met (e/c) eyes.

He stood in the gentle but constant breeze of midnight in Shibuya. Body still wrapped in the uniform and hands tucked in his pockets as his attire and pale blonde hair swayed gracefully in the peek of night.

Not even a few hours after the meeting, yet she was all he could think of as he gazed at the moonlight-induced frozen lake.

His eyes blissfully closed as he concentrated on his surroundings to clear his mind.

Slowly opening his eyes, he took a deep breath and turned to leave. Only to be surprised by a visitor.

(Y/n) stared wistfully at the scenery.

"I wanted to talk to you, sir." She remarked, not sparing him a glance.

He walked closer to the girl, however, he maintained a good foot away from her not risking her comfort.

He nodded for her to go on.

"You can call me Mikey, (L/n)."

He held no shame as he continued to gape at the girl hoping that she would feel the disturbance of him burning holes into her head, and finally, she would look his way.

After his response, she did as he yearned for.

She turned his way...

He couldn't help but let his innocent heart sink into the tenderness in her eyes.

He could see the way she faltered in turning away her head, most definitely from his sharp gaze piercing into hers.

"Then you may call me (Y/n) too, I wouldn't mind." She muttered, already getting side-tracked.

He wondered inwardly, whether she too felt the sudden burst of familiarity but the thought seemed too far fetched.

"Hmm," He hummed, prying his eyes off her and gliding them over the, now, visible sparkle of the frozen lake under the moonlight.

"Five questions, (Y/n)." He proposed before continuing.

She glanced at him, calming her nerves, as she waited for his queries regarding what she thought was a collection of gang data.

"First question, what is your favourite season?"

He was amused, he really was. When her eyebrow raised immediately as her eyes showed nothing but perplexity. It was what he was going for since he primarily wanted her to be comfortable with him to have a conversation.

She cleared her throat.

"Uh... Autumn." She explained, slowly detecting her settling heart rate.

"I like the spring. The grass is always the softest to sit on then." He described before asking his next question.

"Second question, how did you meet your friends? Kokonoi talks greatly of you," He patiently paused for her reply.

She let out a small breath through her nose as she lifted the tips of her lips.

He tried not to show it, but he knew he failed to hide his widened eyes at the sight of her.

She smiled...

It was drop-dead gorgeous.

"In elementary school, we all went to the same boring English class. We've been friends since." (Y/n) said, gradually beginning to unmask herself from her fluster.

"I met my best friends in elementary too!" He exclaimed, eyes shining with enthusiasm and face contorting in such a way that he looked ten times younger than he already was.

She smiled yet again at his sudden change in demeanour. His compassion momentarily made her forget about the frigidness.

But she wasn't foolish. She could see he was trying to decipher the people she trusted and understand her better. Which she didn't mind as long as it didn't get borderline uneasy.

"Question three," He continued, "What's your favourite type of food?"

"Garlic bread." She declared instantly.

He nodded his head. Her taste in food wasn't peculiar but it was interesting to know more about her.

"I love Dorayaki and Taiyaki."

Once again he asked her.

"Question four, what is... Hmm... Oh! This is a good one! What do you like most about yourself?" Manjiro asked growing impatient, knowing it was an interesting query to ask.

"My... Eyes?... I don't know," She trailed off, unknowingly how to answer him on that one.

Her eyes searched his as if she would find a hint. To her surprise, he smiled as though he were pleased with her explanation and nodded in agreement.

"You aren't wrong," He reassured her while staring deeply into them.

She looked away in a hurry, getting flustered by the sudden compliment.

To ease her, Manjiro began.

"I like my roundhouse kicks. I'm always confident with them." He told her, obviously delighted with his explanation as well.

"Okay okay, last question, what is your hobby?" He let out a relaxed exhale, proud of himself for having a full-fledged conversation with a beautiful woman.

She let out a hum before answering.

"I love baking "