Jake the Bake-r?

"So, let me get this straight...You bake?" I asked curiously and I watched Jake slip an aluminum pan into the oven, set at 350°.

"Mhm, I do. Brownies, cookies, cakes, you name it. I was an only child of a single mom and on top of that we lived with my widowed grandmother. I can cook, clean, sew. I'm basically the whole package" he laughed.

I never saw Jake as a baker. I saw him as more of a mechanic guy, given he was a tech guy for WWE and such.

"I thought you said you had a brother?" I asked as I sipped on my water Jake poured me when I arrived.

"I do. A half brother." Jake sighed as he opened the oven door a crack to check on his brownies. "My father was never around when I was young. Ever. I was honestly convinced I had no father when I was 7 or so. Anyways, he was a drunk and slept around. When I was about 18 I got a letter from a guy claiming he was my half brother, we got a DNA test, and he was. I have a brother, Dennis, and who knows how many others."

"I'm sorry to hear about your father." I apologized.

"Eh, no problem at all. No sense in worrying about it. I've gotten over his irresponsible self long ago." Jake brushed it off, leaning onto the granite countertops in his apartment.

We sat in silence for a few moments before Jake found a new topic, one I'm not to sure on.

"So, any ideas of who this mystery guy (or gal) is?" He asked giving me a crooked grin, knowing the question would stress me out a bit.

"Ugh, I don't know. Everyone that has the potential to be him, just doesn't add up. Hell, it could be you!" I slapped my hand down on the wooden dining table for dramatic effect.

"If it were me, I would have sent you brownies." Jake joked.

"Apparently you make great brownies, because you sure can't shut up about it" I laughed back at him.

"Well, you can test that theory out yourself soon enough. The brownies are done!"

____________________________________________
Wow, I honestly have lost track of time. I haven't updated this since July?!
(My Partner and My Superman have been treated worse, they were last updated in March)

I am beyond sorry!

Summer Break and the start of this school year definently took a toll.

Anyways, this is really a transition chapter or a "gap filler". Nothing too interesting, but you learn a bit more about Jake!

Could he be the admirer?
Comment below who you think the admirer is!

As always, thank you. Expect an update very, very soon. :) ♡