Chapter 42

[This is a work of fiction. Unless otherwise indicated, all the names, characters, businesses, places, events, and incidents in this book are either the product of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.]

***********************************************************************************************

"Hey, did you get all the things needed?" Chocho reminds Dae and Wasabi. They both raise the paper bag full of decors.

We are preparing for New Year's Decoration Activity for today. We can't lose this contest either but I guess we don't have that impressive creativity. I don't underestimate my teammates or anything but I can feel it. Neither I nor Chocho is best at such a thing. I sigh at the thought and watch as they run back and forth.

I look around and everyone seems so busy with the activity too. I can tell how they work hard for it.

"Hey, what makes you so tepid today?" Chocho pouts after she stopped in front of me. I shake my head so she can ignore me.

"Don't give me that as an answer. What's bothering you?" she is persistent as usual.

"I am thinking if we are going to win this contest too," I say in a weak voice. Her eyes narrow at me like she is mad or being suspicious I can't tell, to be honest.

"Aren't you confident with our creative minds?" she crosses her arms and pouts in front of me.

"I am not confident with my creativity so..." I say with honesty.

"Heh, you can't be so honest, you know?" she sighs and drops her shoulders.

"But, let's do our best!" I say feeling so determined. She smiles at me and raises her hand in the air.

"Why so energetic all of sudden?" Wasabi furrows her brows and we just smile at her.

"Seems like everyone is ready," a voice of a man echoes in the convention room. The adviser from Class B.

We gather in front of him while carrying out our decorations.

"You guys have wonderful tastes. I am looking forward to seeing your decorations. You can start now until this afternoon. Good luck and may the best decorations win," he smiles and wave his hand in front of us.

"Please be careful when you are using sharp tools, okay?" the adviser from Class C reminds us, and we respond properly to her. They leave us working with our activity and indistinct noise starts to echo in the area.

"This is just a piece of cake," I hear Yodo boastfully says. Well, she is fashionable and it's normal for her to be creative especially with what she wears.

"I think there is already a winner," Namida whispers and Chocho stops her from thinking negatively.

"You are wrong, Namida. We can beat her, right?" Chocho thinks optimistically this time. Dae agrees and Wasabi gestures like she is challenging Yodo.

"We will beat them, all of them," Wasabi declares and the rest of my team rejoices. This is fun to watch. I can see everyone else glimpse at them. They don't look embarrassed at all.

"You don't have to push yourselves too hard. Winning or losing doesn't matter. What matters is we enjoy the company of each other, we have learned a lot of new things and we have our bond becomes stronger," I tell them and Namida begins to sob.

"Not again Namida. You're too emotional, aren't you?" Dae comments and she stop her tears from dripping off her eyes.

"I can't help myself from thinking that we only have a few months staying together," she reasons out.