Chapter 9

"So, you're waiting for me, huh?"

He says softly. Our eyes meet. I think my throat was dry, I could not respond to him quickly. I was bewildered by his lips that I thought he would kiss me.

"What the hell were you thinking, Sarada?" I scold myself in my head.

"I-I...of course, I would wait for you here because this stupid twisted game is compulsory, right? And besides, it's getting dark and I should be on my way home by now but this stupid stuff stopped me," I retaliate upon coming back to my senses. He still did not move.

He stares at me for seconds and then slowly gets up from leaning towards me.

"I don't like going out with dorks. They are not interesting at all," he says while walking off.

"What did you say?!" I shout at him. He did not respond and keeps his pace.

"Arrrgh! You jerk!!!" I shout at him. I wonder if he hears me but that was too loud, I'm sure he does.

I leave the chair right after he left me and I wanted to chase after him so I can teach him some manners or at least know how to respect girls but the two idiots from earlier stop me.

"What happened?" they asked in chorus.

"Let me go. I wanted to teach that jerk a lesson," I say and push them a little to make way for me.

"But..." they insist but they can't stop me now.

"Hey, what the hell? Where is he?"

He suddenly vanishes.

That jerk, ugh!

I take a deep sigh.

This day is a total mess that jerk ruined everything.

I walk my way to the school gates. The dusk is waving at me saying 'hello' though.

It's frightening to walk home alone especially if you are a girl, some bastards are in the corner to make fun of you or scare the hell out of you.

I shake my head to get those ideas out of my mind. The idea creeps me.

"Hey!"

I hear someone calls. I turn in the direction of the voice and my heart starts to race again.

"B-Boruto..." I stutter.

"You okay?" he asks me.

"Y-Yeah... Thanks for asking by the way," I respond. I think my cheeks blush slightly.

"I saw Kawaki leave just now. Your date is done?" he asks in a casual tone.

"Huh? Wait, don't get it wrong Boruto it wasn't a date, okay? And besides, he is a jerk and the meal did not happen," I panic after hearing him say it was a date.

"Oh- okay..." he replies and seems to be surprised too.

"You are on your way home?" he asks.

"Yeah. It's almost dark and my mom sure is worried about me being late," I respond to him.

"I see, let's walk home together."

Wait...

Did he just offer me a walk?

(O.O)

That's my reaction, precisely!

"Is it okay with you?" he asks.

It's freakin' all right!!

I think my face turned red, but I'm sure he did not notice it because it's dark right here.