Chapter 26

"How's your weekend, Sarada?"

Chocho asks after we settled down. I give her pouty lips while I am taking out my things from my bag.

"Hey..." she makes it sound long to calculate my mood, I guess. I look at her with my brows raised.

"It went well if you're asking about our community service," I say and return to my work. I think I already know what she was implying about my weekend.

"Hmm..." she hums suspiciously as if she is not convinced with my response. I just focus my attention on my things.

"What about you though? How was your weekend with Mitsuki?" I ask trying not to let the conversation die.

"It was kind of busy yet great," she says casually.

"Like nothing strange happened?" I raise one of my brows and look suspiciously at her.

"What kind of strange thing are you talking about?" she asks furrowing her brows at me.

"Like... Hmm..." I mutter and then squint at her.

"Like he told you he likes you accompanying him?" I tease her and I can tell how her cheeks blush.

"Why the heck would you think that?!" she flusters and I slightly laugh.

"You are always there for him though," I shrug and she looks in his direction, and she immediately returns her gaze at me.

"We are friends, just friends, you know?" she feebles, and her face glooms.

"It's alright," I say while rubbing her back to comfort her. Chocho and I came early to school. The room isn't filled with the class yet.

"Good morning, Sarada," Sumire greets me upon entering the classroom with Boruto.

"Good morning, Sarada, Chocho," Boruto greets us as well while wearing a smiling face.

"Good morning," I greet back them and smile.

They settle down and Sumire starts to talk to him, "Our community service was one of the best. I hope there will be more before our graduation," she is smiling. She looks so beautiful when she smiles.

"Yeah, that was one of my best experiences so far," Boruto replies smiling at her.

"Aren't they lovely?" Chocho presses me on my side and I look at her. She is giving me a smirk and I look down not to look at them anymore. I decided to grab a book underneath my desk then Chocho nudges me on my side again.

"What?!" I snap. Then her lips point at the doorway and when I turn to eye what she is trying to make me see it's just the jerk walking in the room.

"Good morning, Kawaki," Yodo greets him with a smile on her lips but he ignores her miserably. I can see how she scowls at his back. I try not to have direct eye contact with him. He walks past me and I know he doesn't bother looking at me. What for though?

"What's with that face?" Chocho says and pokes my cheek.

"Hey, stop!" I respond irritably and she pouts.

"Well, based on Kawaki's reaction nothing great happened with your community service," she says. Of course, nothing great would happen if you work with a jerk.

"What did you expect about the outcome anyway?" I say and roll my eyes.

I glanced at Yodo and she crosses her arms while pouting. Tsubaki tries to talk to her but she is telling her to shut up.

"How unfortunate..." Chocho mutters and I raise one brow and she grins.

What she's thinking?