Chapter 30

The bell rings and the class went out of the classroom one by one. I stop Chocho from getting up from her seat and gestures her to remain sitting on her chair.

"What's wrong?" she asks twitching her brows.

"I have to tell you something or probably ask your help about something very important," and she becomes suspicious by narrowing her eyes at me.

"What's that? What did you do?" she says pointing at me.

"I'll tell you once everyone leaves the room," I whisper and she nods as if to say she understands what I am saying.

We wait until the class is left empty and just the two of us remain sitting at our desks. She turns to me like she is telling me to start talking already.

"Tomorrow..." I start and sigh deeply. She waits for me to continue.

"Don't freak out, okay?" I tell her and her eyes stretch in suspicion. She nods constantly like a child without uttering a sound.

"Tomorrow the jerk and I will be having our first tutorial session for the pre-final examination..." I pause and she keeps her eyes on me.

"And then?" she utters impatiently.

"We will be doing it at his place," I say like I am calculating her mood and thinking what will be her reaction after hearing it.

"Okay, at his place... wait, WHAT?!" she freaks out. I am expecting that reaction honestly.

"I told you not to freak out," I say clenching my chest.

"Hello, Sarada? Who would not freak out hearing that you are going to Kawaki's place? Oh god, seriously?" she panics. She is being a concerned best friend to me now.

"But I have no choice, the jerk enjoys watching me struggle with his crap," I defend and sound so helpless.

"By that, he was the one who sets this up, right?" her guess is right. He did. I nod to confirm it and she is left in awe.

"He's a heartless jerk for doing this to me," I'm uncharacteristically depressed.

"You know, I feel strange about this," she remarks and I feel a little frightened.

"You think so?" I ask in fear.

"Or maybe I was just paranoid?" she shrugs and bites her lower lip.

"I don't know what to do," my lips shake and Chocho faintly taps my shoulders.

"So what do you want to ask from me?" she asks and I turn to face her.

"Will you come with me tomorrow?" I say and she moves her fingers like she is fiddling them while thinking of an answer.

"I don't think Kawaki will approve if I'll come with you. Did you ask him if it's okay though?" she asks and I shake my head. I did not ask him about it.

"I'll ask him then," I say and she nods. Hopefully, he will approve it.

"Mom would not worry if I'm with you," I say and she smiles.

"But you will be with a guy the whole day and not with me," she shrugs and chuckles.

"That's why I want you to come with me," I say and she responds with, "If he approves." Yeah, if he will.

Why is this so troublesome?

Drama Club Council Room

"Sorry, I'm late," I say upon entering the room. I look for the jerk around the campus yet I haven't met him and I lost track of time for our practice.