Chapter 39

[This is a work of fiction. Unless otherwise indicated, all the names, characters, businesses, places, events, and incidents in this book are either the product of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.]

Kawaki's POV

I am staring at the piece of paper which I have got from our adviser. It's the waiver for the camp. Our guardians must attach their signatures to the blank space as proof that they are allowing us to participate in the activity.

Kiwi meows and I look at where the sound is coming from. He is looking at me. Is he hungry? I thought so I put the paper on the table and kneel so I can be closer to him. To my surprise, he jumps on my lap and lays on my black cotton jeans. He is not hungry but is being clingy again.

I pick him using both my hands and stand up and return to sit on the chair. I put him back on my lap and he closes his eyes feeling the warmth from my lap like he is going to sleep. It's his habit to sleep on my lap. It makes me wonder why he likes sleeping on my lap, to be honest.

If dad comes home tonight, I'll go to this camp but if he will not then I'll stay at home for the rest of the break. I don't know what will happen later as per the graduation requirement, this camp is badly needed.

I cooked and honestly, it's not just for me today but for dad as well. He often comes home since that day we have reconciled but if he is busy at work, he doesn't show his face in the house.

I put Kiwi down to prepare his dinner and he constantly meows at me. I don't know what it means now. Is he hungry or just want to stay on my lap forever?

I put some meat on the plate and put milk in the bowl. He immediately digs in upon seeing what is served in front of him. He is a glutton but he never gets fat and I find it amusing. I don't want him to get fat either so his figure is just fine. I watch him as he licks to the milk then turns to eat the meat. I can help myself but smile at his demeanor.

"Meowww..." it startles me and I realize that he is already watching me. Maybe he wonders why I was silent for a while though I am always silent.

I pet his soft white fur and he rubs his head on my hand. It kind of tickles me and I can't help but laugh awkwardly. Yeah, I don't laugh at silly cats but Kiwi is an exception I think. I sound terrible, am I?

He returns to his food and I get back to my seat still watching him. I glimpse at the clock and it's already past 8:00 in the evening and dad is not home yet. I decided to eat dinner all by myself. Maybe he is busy at work and I am already hungry.

Sarada's POV

The cold weather makes us wear thick coats and winter boots. I am rubbing my hands with a pair of gloves put on. We are waiting for the others to arrive as we are about to leave for the camp. Chocho and I are sitting on the bench while the rest of the class including the 12-B to 12-D are chatting with their friends.

I can tell how excited everyone is for the camp even though we are not going to celebrate New Year's Day with our families.

"I can't wait to see Mount Fuji, Sarada!" Chocho giggles and raises her hands in the air. Even I am excited to see the superb figure of the mountain with snow covering its peak.

"Everyone, your attention please!" the Principal speaks before us. We all pay attention to her as if she is about to say something very important.

"Prepare yourselves as you are going to depart after ten minutes," she continues and we stand up from the bench and walk closer to the crowd.