Ω 44 Ω

both donghyuck and mark stood frozen for a few seconds after hearing the sentence that had been pronounced.

"turn around!" the man repeated as mark and donghyuck obeyed, their hands raised in the air.

donghyuck knew the voice that had threatened them sounded familiar, but he didn't expect to actually know the person.

"renjun?!" he asked, perplexed.

"donghyuck?!" renjun gasped.

"god, you scared the shit out of- "

"keep your hands in the air, traitor!" renjun yelled, pointing his spare at mark and making him rise his hands above his head again.

"it's okay, renjun, he's with us." donghyuck assured.

"he betrayed us." athena's son glared at the boy that used to be his friend.

"yeah, i did, but i realised my mistake and- "

"it's too late." renjun shut him. "i don't care about how you literally stabbed us in the back, i can handle it. but you hurt donghyuck. you broke his heart, and you brought him to the enemy, which are demi titans who will try to use him to defeat the gods for good. this is unforgivable."

mark jumped back a bit when renjun pushed his spare forwards, making it poke his stomach.

"renjun, stop!" donghyuck intervened, stepping between mark and the spare.

"how can you be defending him after what he did to you?" renjun growled, his grip on the spare getting firmer.

"i trust him, and i love him." donghyuck declared.

"donghyuck, he used us... he used you." renjun tried explaining.

"we'll have him explaining everything once we'll be out, and then, we'll judge if we forgive him or not. but for the moment, let him help us getting out. we need him." donghyuck begged.

renjun looked sceptical as he studied mark's face for a while.

once he had made up his mind, renjun pulled the spare back, making both mark and donghyuck sigh in relief.

"if he dares trying something, i'm hurting him." renjun declared with a head motion towards the boy who had betrayed them.

"i won't try anything." mark stated.

"you better." renjun warned.

"let's go now, we'll get busted otherwise." donghyuck told as he turned around to run towards the nearest exit.

"wait, where were you going?" renjun questioned.

"mark said there was an exit over there. it brings inside a park." donghyuck explained, making renjun shake his head.

"no, we made sure to lock all the possible exits so that the titans were stuck inside. the only way out is by the tourists' entrance." renjun said.

"which is on the other side of the catacombs..." mark completed.

"exactly." renjun nodded. "so, get ready because we'll surely need to fight. and mark?"

"yeah?" mark asked as he pulled his scythe out.

"i'm keeping an eye on you."

Ω

seungjun – one of the demi titans that had tortured donghyuck – whistled on his way to donghyuck's cell, swinging his keys on his long finger.