Ω 32 Ω

mark wandered on the boat, letting himself be guided by the heavenly voice that had been singing for a few minutes.

it was as if the beautiful lullaby resonated through the boat, almost as mesmerizing as a mermaid, singing to capture its prey.

the voice was beautiful, and hit every note so perfectly.

mark even wondered if he wasn't imagining this beautiful voice, because he didn't imagine a human – or a demi god – could sing this well.

when mark reached the very front of the boat, the voice became louder than it was before, as if the person responsible of this melody that had been preventing him to do anything was very close.

mark pushed open the door on which was written 'captain's cabin' in gold letters, a wave of heat and light hitting him as soon as he stepped a foot inside the room.

after letting his eyes adjust to the light for a few seconds, mark saw the owner of this enchanting voice clearly, glowing under the mid-afternoon sun.

donghyuck looked more ethereal than ever right now.

the forbidden child was just singing, looking around at the many buttons and screens that were around the room to steer the boat.

mark watched him in pure admiration, donghyuck's voice making his stomach churn and accelerate his pulse inside his veins.

mark had made the mistake of not closing the door silently behind him, and this made it shut close on its own, cutting donghyuck's heavenly concert.

"ah!" donghyuck gasped, turning around at the noise and seeing mark there. "i hadn't seen you."

"sorry, i interrupted you." mark told, his mind still in a daze because of the power donghyuck's voice seemed to have on him.

"it's okay." donghyuck smiled, turning around to loot at the sea through the immense windows of the room.

mark took slow steps towards him, thinking of a way to keep the conversation going on without being awkward or saying stupid things. donghyuck had so much of an influence on him... he felt powerless when he was facing him.

"you sing well." mark said after a while.

"thank you." donghyuck smiled, red tinting his cheeks. "i've taken lessons since i was young."

"i think you're naturally talented." mark told, approaching donghyuck even more until he was standing next to him.

donghyuck chuckled at mark's words. "no one is naturally talented... you eventually have to learn to get better."

"this works like that for everyone... but not for demigods..." mark specified, using one of his hands to brush a lock of honey hair from donghyuck's face.

donghyuck turned around, now facing mark.

his heart had accelerated inside his chest. mark's too.

"look at you..." mark continued, his hand slipping from donghyuck hair to the side of his face. "you're the most beautiful creature that can ever exist on earth... you're glowing like the sun... you'll never be sick... and you're naturally talented in arts, whether it is painting, drawing, or singing..."

donghyuck gulped as he noticed mark taking a step closer to him and studying his face very carefully.

mark's hand was still cupping his jaw, and donghyuck found the amount of times mark had glanced at his lips incredibly high.