Chapter Twenty

Nikki's POV

It's been 6 years since everything happened. It honestly doesn't feel right. It's like the time had passed by so slow, but also incredibly fast. Anne and I finished university together, moved to the same state and even got the same apartment together.

After the whole incident with Mia, I wasn't the same again. I didn't get a chance to explain, she left. She moved back with some family members in her home town and left without saying a word. All of my texts, all of my calls, all of my letters, weren't touched.

It gave brought back the fear of abandonment I had before. I haven't gotten close to anyone since. Even with the help from Anne, something in me is missing. I haven't been able to fill the hole that continues to grow in my chest.

The only thing that has kept me going is Anne being here for me, my dad and sister at home, and my music. Anne and I are still in the same band together. Even when Alex and Lynn had moved on to different parts of their lives, Jen and Anne kept the band together with me. We had to find new members, but they were able to fill the spots perfectly.

Jude and Dillon have become some of my closest friends. Unlike Alex and Lynn, Jude and Dillon are a couple and have been since university. We met them back in our sophomore year and we instantly became friends. Like most people, they assumed Anne and I were together, they got very upset at the fact that we weren't.

They don't understand the reason that I don't try to put myself out there. I have so many people that come to me, wanting something, and trying. None of them feel right. Nothing feels right. It's like I'm stuck in a hole.

Ever since that night. Even if it all was just a misunderstanding.

"Anne, where are you?" I shouted over the loud music. I haven't been able to find Anne or Mia for a while. After I got pulled away and separated, they seemed to be nowhere.

I felt someone pull on my shoulder. I turned to see one of the guys from my class with a beer in his hand. "There's.. s-someone l-looking for y-you upstairs." He said between hiccups and with hella slurring. I patted him on the shoulder. "Thanks bud."

I went upstairs thinking it could be either of them looking for me. Anne is the type to tell people to tell me where she is, and people have known that Mia and I are together for a bit now. All of the doors were locked towards the front of the stairs.

I went to the last room, my room. People here knew this was the only room that was off limits. I checked the door handle, it was the only one unlocked. I opened it and walked in, seeing the one face I didn't expect to see.

"What are you doing here?" I asked crossing my arms. On my bed sat Katie, she was looking around the room examining the changes. "It doesn't look the same as I remember." Is all she said.

I rolled my eyes, keeping my position. "I will ask again, what are you doing here Katie?" She finally turned to me, looking into my eyes. "I wanted to talk to you. You haven't given me the chance."

Did she really think that I would easily be able to talk to her? After everything?

"With reason Katie. You don't deserve a chance to explain yourself. What happened happened. You can't change that, and neither can I." She stood up from the bed. Her and I have always been the same height, now that she had heels on, she was a couple inches taller.

"Nikki, I don't expect you to forgive me. What I did to you is terrible, I know it was. I just... I miss you." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "You miss me? You miss me huh? Where were you before? Where were you when I needed you? Where were you when you blocked me? When you shut me out of your life without any explanation of some sort!"