Chapter Three

Mia's POV

"Hey hall buddy" She said as she looked down at me.

"N-n-nikki.." I stuttered.

Her left hand was around my waist while her right one was by my head. Locking me against the wall. "Hm?" I looked down at my waist then back at her. My heart was racing, but why?

"Oh shit my bad." She laughed as she backed up and let me go. The spot where she was holding got cold. That made me upset. 'No you can't be getting upset. She's your friend! And a girl!'

"So why are we in a closet?" I asked. She rubbed the back of her neck and looked at the floor. "I was running away from that pack of girls and hid, then when you came by looking for me I pulled you in too." I laughed at her. "Awe is miss golden girl getting swarmed by too many girls?" She groaned. "I hate that name, but yes. Ever since I got hurt they've been coming after me like crazy."

I rolled my eyes. "There's no way that you don't like the attention." She looked kind of hurt and faced the door. "I don't. I don't fully understand why they act the way they act either." She sighed. "Anyways was there something you were wanting to talk about?" She asked me after.

I smiled. "Yes actually. Mark and I are going on our date today like planned. He said he had a big surprise for me and I'm so excited." She looked at me with worry. "Mia look," She sighed once more. "Never mind. I hope you have a good time." She then grabbed her things and opened the door for me. Not long after I left she came out with her crutches.

"I'll see you next period." She said before she walked away.

What was that about? I still had so much that I wanted to say. It's like after hearing Mark's name her mood completely changed. I heard a thud not too long after Nikki left. As I was about to check and see what happened to her Mark came around the corner.

"Hey you. It's nice seeing you here." He said walking up to me with a smile. I smiled back. "Yeah it is. What are you doing out of class anyways?" I asked. He wrapped his arm around my lower back and walked the opposite way with me. "I was just coming to use the restroom. What are you doing out here?"

Him wrapping his arm around me didn't make me feel nervous like it did with Nikki, if anything it made me uncomfortable. 'Stop you like this man. It should feel nice.' I forced a smile. "I was actually taking something to another teacher."

We continued to walk around until we decided it was time to get back to our classes. It was nice seeing him. I wonder what that thud was though.

The next period came around and it was time for science. I was excited to see Nikki again so I could finally talk to her about everything I wanted to. I got into the class and saw that the seat by the window was empty. She wasn't here?

The class went by incredibly slow. The last fifteen minutes of class Nikki finally came in. She handed the teacher a note and walked to the desk. She was going slower than she had earlier today. She looked like she was in more pain too.

She finally was able to get to the desk. She put her things down neatly and looked at me. That's when I noticed that her eyes didn't look quite right. She looked upset. Really upset.

"Is everything okay?" I asked her. She put on a smile and nodded. "I just tripped earlier. I'm fine though." She looked out the window like she usually does. We didn't talk the rest of class. I wanted to, but every time I looked at her she seemed even more upset.

She left the class a little before everyone else so she could get where she needed to without any issues. I got to photography and was able get my assignment. It was the same it has been all week. Taking photos of the football team. I was excited to see Mark again. At least I'll get to spend some time with him.