Chapter Seven

Nikki's POV

"Nikki!" I heard Anne yell before splashing me with water. Anne and I had woken up early so we went to the beach for a little swim before breakfast time. 

I wiped my face off trying not to taste the salt water on my lip, "Come on Anne, you know I hate when you do that." She simply giggled and jumped on my back. "Yeah yeah, lighten up. Let's just try to have a good time." 

"I'm trying, but you're making it a little difficult." I say as I pushed her off of me and into the water. "Hey!" She yelled as she was poking her head out. She the tackled me, sending both of us into the water. We both began laughing when we came back up to the surface. 

We decided to get back to the hotel since breakfast was going to be served in the next 30 minutes. We cant miss that. It is the most important meal of the day after all. 

As we were halfway across the board walk Anne changed the topic to something I wasn't expecting. "So how do you feel about Mia?" I looked at her like she had three heads. Why was she asking me this out of the middle of nowhere. 

I decided to play it off like I didn't know what she was talking about "What do you mean? She's just a friend." It hurt to say but it was the honest truth.

"Yeah right. Cut the crap, I know there's more you're not spilling." She said to me while rolling her eyes. she was right, ever since we were little I've never been able to hide how I truly feel to Anne. She always found a way tp figure it out. I knew there was no arguing with her in this situation. 

"I don't know Anne. She's this amazing girl whos so smart and so beautiful and all I want to do is protect her. I've never wanting to do something for someone so bad. It's like something is pulling me to her and has been since we met. I like her, I do. I can't tell her because she's straight though. I would rather just sit on the sidelines and protect her as a friend, than it be awkward as hell wen we see each other." 

Anne just smirked at me and nodded. "I knew you felt a little something towards her. You just didn't want to admit it to yourself" I rolled my eyes and punched her shoulder. "Yeah, and? It's not like it changes anything. I'm not going to tell her anything." 

Anne looked up at me and smiled. "I think you should. It doesn't have to be now or even in the next couple of days, it just needs to be soon and when you feel like its the right time." I nodded at her. She was right. I needed to let out how I feel eventually. Even if she rejected me, at least then I would know I needed to move on and let this silly crush go.

When we got back into the room Mia and Jen were in the process of putting on their shoes. "Hey we we're just about to look for y'all. Had us a little worried there." Jen said as she stood up and hugged Anne. Anne reached up and rubbed her back. "Don't worry we're okay. We woke up early and decided to go on a swim. Let us get dressed and we'll head to the lobby for dinner." Jen and Mia simply nodded. 

I looked to see that Mia was looking at me. I smiled at her which caused her to blush and look towards the floor, trying to hide herself. 

Maybe there was a little something there. 

I got out of the bathroom fully dress. I went a little more beach themed and decided to wear ripped blue jean shorts that went to the middle of my thigh, a black sports bra and on top of that was a blue Hawaiian shirt with pineapples on it, the shirt was halfway unbuttoned showing off my sports bra and some of my abs. 

I walk out buttoning one last button and see that Mia was sitting on the couch waiting for me. She didn't hear me come out so se was still looking down at her phone. "Why didn't you go down with the other two?" I asked her, breaking her away from her phone. She looked at me and immediately froze.