Chapter Four

Mia's POV

It's crazy how quickly someone can be shunned after one drunken mistake. It's been a little over a week since the party incident happened with Nikki. As soon as I walked into the school the following Monday I was bombarded with whispers. Not to mention Chelsea and Michelle have been making my life a living hell. They stood side by side as the whole argument happened between Nikki and I that night. Ever since they haven't been able to let me go. Who knew going off on the schools "golden girl" was going to turn out like this.

I've barely seen Nikki since the incident. The first couple of days she wasn't here. When she finally returned I barely got to see her and apologize. She'd been avoiding me. The classes that we had together she would either skip or come in and ask for the work saying she had to go somewhere. Since she hurt herself she wasn't able to practice in athletics so I never saw her on the fields.

I need to apologize. Immediately after I slapped her I came to my senses. What was I doing? I didn't want to yell at her the way I did. Why did I? I needed to see her.

Ever since that incident Mark seemed happier than he had before. I just couldn't figure out why? Did he hate her that much? Is what she said about him true or is what he said about her true?

It was the end of school. Another dreadful day. Everyone's eyes seemed to be at me, and not in a good way. I saw Jen in the parking lot and waved her down. Even though she was one of Nikki's closest friends she didn't hate me as much as some of the other people here. Anne being one of them. She couldn't stand to look at me.

"Hey Mia. Need something?" Jen asked as she walked up to me. "Yeah, I actually wanted to ask you something." She raised her eyebrows as if she was looking for me to go ahead and ask. "Do you by chance know Nikki's address?" She crossed her arms. "I do. Why do you need it?"

She had a bit of a stern and annoyed tone to her voice. It was reasonable. I rubbed the back of my neck and looked down. "I need to apologize. She's been avoiding me so I haven't had the chance to yet." She looked at me like she was debating giving it to me. "I'll give it to you. Just don't hurt her again."

That's when a bigger wave of guilt hit me than what I was already feeling. I hurt her. She had been nothing but nice to me the entire time I was here and I hurt her.

"I promise I won't. I want to fix this." She reluctantly nodded her head and gave me her address. It wasn't too far from the school thankfully. I thanked her and got to my car and immediately put it into my GPS.

I was nervous heading to her house. I didn't know what to expect. Was she going to answer just to shove the door in my face? Was she even going to be there?

I pulled up to her house and just sat there for a second. Debating on if this was something I should actually do. 'You need to fix this.'

I listened to the voice in my head and got out of the car. As I was about to ring the doorbell I heard a familiar voice.

"What are you doing here Baxter?" I turned to see Anne standing on the side of the lawn with her arms crossed. Did she live with Nikki? "I came to apologize." I answered honestly. "How did you even find this place?" She asked. Anger growing in her eyes. "Uh, Jen gave me her address. What are you doing here?"

She looked at me with a more annoyed look. "I'm her best friend, my house is also right down there so when I saw a car come by and just sit in my bestfriends driveway I got concerned." I didn't know she lived this close to her. No wonder they always come to school together.

"Look I don't want to cause anymore drama. I just want to talk to Nikki." She came closer to me. "She's not here." She answered sternly. "Where is she?" I asked. Anne looked at me for a second before answering. "Why should I tell you after what you did to her?" This time I crossed my arms. "Why do you care so much if I want to talk to her or not? It was a drunken mistake that I want to apologize for."