Sarabeth

A/N Wooo! Two updates in one night! Hope you guys like it! The video in the side will be mentioned later and will make sense once you get to it!

"I'm hungry" Niall and I complained at the same time gaining a weird look from Paul.

"Paul can we stop and get something to eat, pleeeaasssseeee?" I asked being sweet as can be.

"Only if you guys can behave yourselves" he said as we pulled up to a McDonald's.

"Don't we always?" I smirked as the guys put up there hoods and put on their sunglasses to hide themselves from any fans that could be there.

We walked in two at a time, me and Niall, Harry and Louis and Liam and Zayn with Paul behind them. As we were waiting for our food to be ready, I looked over to a table and seen a little girl in a wheelchair trying to get her, i assume her mom's attention to look over in our direction. She seen me watching her she turned around with a small smile on her face.

"What you lookin' at Ri?" Niall asked.

"Huh? Oh, just that little girl over there, ' i pointed to where they were' she kept looking at you guys like she knew you.

"The one in the wheel chair?"

"Yeah, she seen me looking at her and a smile came across her lips as she turned around"

"Maybe she's a fan" Niall laughed.

"Who's a fan?" Louis interrupted us, as always.

"That little girl over there, Ri thinks she's a fan, cause she kept looking at us" Niall exclaimed.

"Since it doesn't look like there's a lot of people in here that would know us, why not after we get done eating, Ri can go over and ask her what her favorite song was, saying it's for school or something, then she'll come back over to us, she'll tell us the song, then we can start singing it?" Louis suggested.

"You really think it'll work Lou?" I asked.

"We can give it a try" He winked.

"Tell the others, me and Ni have some food to make disappear"

A few minutes and several fries later, we were all done eating and talking about our plan.

"Ok Ri, go over and do your thing" Zayn winked at me.

I walked over to the little girl's table, not sure how I was going to do this.

"Hi, I'm doing a survey for my school about different people's favorite songs, and I was wondering if I could ask  you and your daughter" I said with hopefully eyes that she wouldn't see past my lie.

The little girl sat there and thought for a minute while me and her mom had talked about a few random things.

"I got it!" Sarabeth had said.

"And what's this song called Sarabeth?" I asked.

She smiled a small smile and said " It's my name! Sarabeth!" she almost yelled. Laughing at how loud she had become. I put on a smile and said thanks and started walking back to our table. As soon as I got there Niall noticed that something was wrong and he stood up and pulled me into a big hug. I started crying right there.

"Shhh, Riley, it's okay. Don't cry. What happened?" He asked me softly.

"Her names Sarabeth.." I sobbed harder into Niall. I could hear the other guys asking each other why that was making me cry and so did Niall. He sat me between him and Zayn and started telling the others that the song Skin (Sarabeth) by Rascal Flatts was my mom's favorite song, and that was the little girls name.

"Do you still want to go on with our plan Ri..?" Lou asked rubbing my back.

I bit the inside of my lip using Niall's sleeve to wipe away the tears. "Yeah..yeah I do, I can handle it"

"You sure Riley, we don't have to do it." Liam said.

"Guys it's okay. Now go make Sarabeth's day"

The boys studied the lyrics a lot and practiced a little. And soon enough they started singing it, walking closer to the little girl. Her face brightened as she heard her favorite song being sang by 'One Direction' (song in the side)

The boys stood up and was walking over to her table and her mom started crying, seeing her little girl so happy. They kept singing and sometimes messed up but they saved each other and Sarabeth closed her eyes and was enjoying this once in a life time event. They guys ended the song and started hugging each other and the little family around the table, Niall had noticed I wasn't behind them, so he looked back out our table and came over to me.

"You okay Riley?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine" I smiled up at him.

"I think she wants us over there" He laughed as he seen her looking for us.

We walked over to join them and Sara had me come close to her, she pulled me into a big and long hug, and me being the emotional wreck I was that day, started crying again.

"Are you sad?" She asked.

I wiped away the tears again and told her the truth. "Yeah, I am. But I'm happy that I got to see your beautiful smile"

She smiled but the smile went away. "Why are you sad?"

"That song that the boys just sang, was my moms favorite song too" I bit the inside of my lip trying not to cry again.

"What do you mean, was? Does she not like it anymore?"

"Well Sarabeth, When I was about about nine, my mom, like the girl in the song, was diagnosed with cancer too. She lived for a while, but when I was 14, she passed away because she didn't have the strength to do try anymore. But she was happy. And that was all that mattered to her." I said softly.

Sarabeth just nodded, not quiet understanding what I was saying.

"Sara" Her mom spoke up "Riley's mom is with Karie up in heaven"

"So your mommy knows my sissy!?"

"Yeah, yeah she does Sara."

"Cool" She said with that beautiful smile of hers.

We all talked for almost an hour, I gave Sara's mom mine and Niall's number, so she knows she can call us whenever she needed someone to talk to. She took pictures with all the boys, and me. We said our goodbye's and headed off to our hotel.

"Wow.. That's something I'll never forget!" Harry said.

We all agreed and split up in our groups and went to our hotel rooms to sleep off the jet lag we all had. Me, Niall and Zayn shared a hotel room. Leaving Liam with Harry and Louis. It was only 4:00pm and we were all passed out on our beds.