Music and Writing

This video above/to the side is just an example. You don't have to use it. It's just a personal favorite of mine. XD

###

Music is something no one can ever live without, it is also a writer's greatest tool when writing. It can help with getting rid of writer's block and can motivate you to keep writing.

I find it to be very useful while others may find it to be completely annoying and not of a distraction. But! It can help you get into certain moods for your story.

Sad music will help write sad/depressing moments.

Intense dub step might help with writing a science fiction battle scene.

Celtic/World music could help you write a peaceful moment in your fantasy novel. (I'm currently using this type of music, the more upbeat and energetic kind, to write chapter five of Colliding Elements. If you feel like it, why not check the book out? XD)

There are many ways to write, and there's music for every scene you could ever write.

And something that's nice about YouTube for music is that you could have one song on there inspiring a certain scene. Take that song and make a playlist with auto play for it! Don't add any other songs! Just keep that one song on there and let it play over and over again.

And if you have no YouTube account (anyone with a gmail has one), don't think you can't make a playlist. You can do it! I remember when I didn't have an account, I made an untitled playlist somehow and had a song on loop with it. I don't know how I did it, but it's possible!

But always know music is your friend in writing. I'll make a list here for scenes/genres and the music that fits for them. Again, this is my view on how these songs fit. It may not connect with yours.

Fantasy stories - Celtic/world music

Dramatic battle scene (SciFi version) - SciFi instrumental and dub step

Intense/Suspenseful scene (like the one in Into Darkness with the dad making a deal with Khan. That type of intense scene) - Emotional piano music with orchestra undertones

Battle scene (Middle Earth style) - Powerful and emotional instrumental music. (Good track mixes for those are by Pandora Journey and Two Steps from Hell. Look them up on YT)

I'm not sure of any others right now, but hopefully this helped!