Blond/Blonde

Based on the chapter title, I have a question for you all...

Do you write it blonde or blond?

Both are correct, and now it's fine to use either with English's rules nowadays, but after learning the difference between the two, I thought I'd teach it to you all.

Blonde is the term used for a girl.
Blond is the term used for a guy.

I can't remember exactly why it's like this (I read the article a long time ago), but I think it's based on the Latin origin of our language.

I, currently, am using the "blonde" in Colliding Elements. I'm doing this simply because I stated very early on that Jim was "blonde". And due to that, I'm just sticking with that as to not confuse people.

I'm planning on editing it once I finish the book. So bear with me on that if you're a reader of it 😂

Now, in my rewrite of Awakening, I'm using it properly due to my writing perfectionism. Lmao

And I'm sorry, but the rewrite isn't coming out until I'm done writing the entire book. New habit I'm trying to form.

But, I shouldn't get off topic, so let me get back to the point.

It's not just for blonde/blonds, there's actually a rule for brown-haired people too.

Brunette is for a girl.
Brunet is for a guy.

Now, I'm a bit confused on how to pronounce brunet, but the article said it was something like "bru-nay". But the Merriam-Webster Dictionary says otherwise, so I'm not sure there. 😂

But yeah, there's some knowledge for today. I hope you found this useful!

If you have any requests on a chapter subject, make sure to tell me in the comments or by DM!