Prologue 1

This must be the weirdest feeling of all, I have never felt happier and I am overly excited for today, but at the same time I am nervous and honestly, scared to death. Louis and I agreed for our marriage to wait until I had turned 18, I preferred being an actual adult before making this life-changing decision and this way we got the chance to get to know each other a little better.

I met Louis's mom and they look just like each other, she is incredibly nice to me and she seems so proud of her son. We talked a great deal and it was a relief for me to know that I could always talk to her, no matter what it was about. I do not have a mother to guide me through all this, and I am grateful to have her by my side.

Louis and I spent a lot of time in the stables and he even considered buying it, which I found a little shocking, but I was not that surprised. He did buy Emily for me, and we now ride almost every day, racing in the woods, seeing who is the fastest. I win every time of course, but Louis is good at losing. I enjoy my life, it feels like I can be a child, live the childhood I never really had, together with the person I love most.

The moment I agreed to marry Louis, I was afraid I was not enough in love with him to be truly happy. I was wrong, because I fell in love with him, harder than ever before. My 6-year-old self always believed in the miracle of true love, and I am glad I did not let my little self down.

Walking down the aisle is scary, terrifying really, but Benedict agreed to stand by my side and fill in for the role that belonged to my father. I wore a dress, which may surprise you a little, but Eloise and I searched through every shop in town and when we saw this dress, one look was enough. We agreed unanimously on this gown and by the look on Louis's face we made the right decision.

As expected, we both said yes and are now husband and wife, making me a princess, until Louis becomes the kind and I will be his queen. I cannot believe it really, I presume I will let it come to me, and have Louis guide me through, he was prepared for this all his life after all. The entire Bridgerton family was present at our wedding and I also invited Penelope. Besides a few family members from Louis, there were not many people, we did not want it to be incredibly big.

That evening was one I will never forget and for our honeymoon, we traveled to a wooden house. It was small but just big enough, it was the coziest thing I had ever seen and we were surrounded by forest. Everywhere you looked were trees and animals but no other human beings, just the two of us...

..........

NOTE: As you've seen, I decided to make one or more prologues for the story, they are a bit shorter and it will only be a few but I hope you like it :)