Prologue 2

Today I celebrated my twentieth birthday, to Louis it was quite the acquaintance. He invited the Bridgertons, which I got even closer to, even though we do not live in the same house anymore. I see Eloise quite a lot, she has found herself a man who somehow managed to overseed her expectations and I have had the pleasure to meet him, he is very cute. Louis nearly killed me when I said that.

I believe Eloise and this man will be very happy together and I cannot wait until they are going to announce their proposal. I mean, it cannot take much longer, they have been seeing each other for months now.

Louis also invited some of our new friends, some royals of course but also lady Danbury who invited us to all of her parties even though we were already married. Oh, and she made me join this married women club she owns, Daphne was there too and I had the night of my life. We gambled and gossiped about everything, now I understand where Whistledown gets all her information from. If she is in the married ton as well, she knows everything.

Though, most grateful I am to spend this day with my 4 month-old daughter, Emily. Yes, we named her after a horse, I know, but it was and still is the most beautiful horse in the world and she was the one bringing Louis and I together. I could not believe we created an actual human, she was so pretty, right from the start. But all moms say that, do they not?

We ate quite some cake and every guest wished to play around with Emily, I was a little too careful at first but once Hyacinth and Gregory started guarding her like it were their sister, I let go of it. Hyacinth even told me she would like to adopt my child if I wished to get rid of it. Unfortunately for her, I do not believe there will ever come a day where I do not want my own daughter anymore.

When the guests left the house and it got a bit quieter, Louis gave me a present. Another one, I already had loads of them so I did not understand where it was coming from. He handed me a square box, folded in brown paper, I looked up in surprise and opened it carefully. Once the paper was off I recognized the significant color of the modiste on the box, Louis had already given me three dresses today, whatever was this one for?

In the box was another dress, but this one was small, tiny actually. It was all white and I wanted to tell him it was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen when I recognized it, it was my wedding dress. It was the dress I wore at my wedding but in such a small size Emily would fit into it. I truly attempted not to cry but failed horribly and the rest of the night Louis and I spent cuddling...