Never trust a fox

We all got in to Stiles' jeep and he drove us to the preserve where Coach was stood leaning on a rock. "Coach!" Stiles shouted.  

"Stilinski... wha-." Stiles explained to him that there were traps in the woods while Scott caught up to Kira and stopped her, Ethan doing the same with Danny.

I followed Stiles to where we were stopping everyone. "Scott! Stop, stop, stop. Everyone stop." He shouted as everyone stopped in front of us. He started searching the ground before finding the end of a chain. He pulled it before finding the other end of it, attached to nothing.

Coach started clapping slowly to mock him. "Congratulations, Stilinski. You found a length of chain. Can someone now please tell me what the hell's going on?" He said before tripping a wire.

"Hey coach!" I shouted as an arrow flew straight into his chest, making him fall to the ground. Everyone crowded around him as he started screaming, blood pooling in his shirt.

"Get it out of me! Get it out of me, get it out of me! Oh, my God, I'm going to die. Get it out of me! I'm going to die!"

"Coach. You're not going to die." I said.

"I'm going to die!" I got in response.

"It'll hurt less if you stop moving coach." Aiden said.

"Get it out of meeee!"

"Stay still coach an ambulance is coming."

"Get it out. I'm gonna die!"

"Get back! Get back! Give him some room! Get back!" Everyone moved away and Scott took his pain. "I think he just passed out."

Stiles looked at his hands, now covered in blood. "I- I could've killed him. I could've killed him, right? If it was his head or his throat?"

"But it wasn't." I said looking at him. "And he's gonna be alright."

"I think I just heard an ambulance coming." Aiden said.

"And my dad." Stiles added as the sirens wailed in the distance. 

They loaded him into the back of the ambulance on a stretcher and I looked over to see Stiles hugging his dad.

Scott came over to where I was stood and told me there was supposedly bomb on a school bus. "Wasn't that Barrow's thing?" I asked and he nodded. 

We got back to the school to Parrish on the school bus with Jared who had the present in his hands. He came back to the front of the bus and held us Stilinski's name tag to the window. The bomb was at the station. 

We arrived at the station to a lot of deputies down and the glass was shattered along with doors and tables. Stiles shouted us over to a deputy on the ground with blood coming from his mouth. "Can you do something? Take his pain to make it easier?" I took his hand but before I could help his head fell to the side. I knew Stiles' dad was shouting something but it was inaudible to me from the shock. "Go! Move!" My brother pulled me to my feet and took us out of the station. Kira met us at the door.

"The Oni. They're coming." She said. 

"Stiles, we gotta get you out of here." Scott said. We got in the back of his jeep and started driving. 

"It's an animal clinic?" Kira asked.

"Yeah. The place is lined with mountain ash, just like our house." Scott said. "It will buy us some time."

"But they can get through it?" Stiles questioned.

"Eventually."

"No bodies got any better ideas?" No one said anything. "Okay, sure, animal clinic."

We got there as the Oni arrived and Stiles went to the door. "Stiles. Get inside!" Scott shouted throwing him the keys. Me and Scott started fighting them off.

"Hey Kira, get inside! Kira!" Stiles yelled through the rain. She ignored him and started fighting them off. Scott turned to look at her but as he did one of the masked figures was able to stab him. She managed to get it away before stiles came over to us.

"All right. Come on. Get him inside! Get him inside!" I put his arm over my shoulder and took him inside, him standing up and leaning on the table grunting. Kira went to pull the sword out before Stiles grabbed her wrist and started twisting it causing her to groan in pain. I went to push him off her but he threw me into the wall, my head hitting it first and I fell to the ground. He pushed her down so her head hit the table and she blacked out. He went over to Scott and held the handle of the sword. "You okay?"

"Please don't, stop." Scott said. 

"It's okay." He held the sword and his shoulder and twisted it as Scott screamed out. "Does it hurt? Hey look at me.You should've done your reading, Scott. See, a nogitsune feeds, off chaos, strife and pain. This morning you took it from Isaac, then you took it from coach. And then from a dying deputy. All that pain, you took it all. Now, give it to me." He started feeding from Scott. "You really have to learn, Scott. You really have to learn not to trust a fox. Mm-mm. Know why, 'cause they're tricksters. They'll fool you. They'll fool everyone." 

Deaton came up behind them. "Not everyone." He injected something into his neck and he fell to the floor and pulled the sword out of Scott.

"What- what was that? Was that a cure, is he okay?"

"The fox is poisoned, but it's not dead. Not yet." I stood up to hug Scott and he half collapsed into my arms.