Diagnosed

"I'm not sure I know how to pronounce this. Or if it's not actually a misspelling." The doctor said with Stiles health file in hand. 

"Just call him Stiles." His dad told him.

"Okay. Stiles, just to warn you, you're gonna hear a lot of noise during the MRI. It's due to pulses of electricity going through the metal coils inside the machine. Uh, if you want we can get you earplugs or headphones."

"Oh, no, no I don't need anything."

"Hey. We're just on the other side of that window." His dad reassured him. "Okay?"

"Okay." My mom and his dad left while me and Scott stayed for a moment. "You know what they're looking for right?" We just kind of nodded at the ground. "It's called frontotemporal dementia." I looked at him, my eyes threatening to tear up. "Areas of your brain start to shrink. It's what my mother had. It's the only form of dementia that can hit teenagers. And there's no cure." I couldn't stop the tear running down my cheek so I just wiped it away and tried to keep my voice steady.

"Stiles, if you have it, we'll do something. I'll do something." I pulled him and my brother into a tight hug. I didn't want him to go into the MRI. I don't know what I'd do if he got diagnosed. It would break us all.

We waited outside behind the glass while the machine began to move. Derek was sat in the waiting area so we went and sat opposite him.

"You know the stuff you were telling me about chemo signals earlier?" Scott asked. "It reminded me of the time you were teaching us to use anger to control the shift."

"I think you ended up teaching me more about that." I smiled.

"Are you teaching us again?" 

"Think of it more like sharing a few trade secrets. You know I took Cora back to South America, right? That's where she spent most of her time after the fire. But that's not the only reason I left. I needed to talk to my mother." 

"Your dead mother?" I asked. 

"She told me something that changed my perspective... on a lot of things. She said my family didn't just live in Beacon Hills. They protected it. This town needs someone to protect it. Someone like you." 

"And someone like you to teach me a few trade secrets." Scott said. He just smiled and nodded. He stood up suddenly. "He was trying to protect us. Stiles was protecting us."

"From himself." I finished. We went back into the hospital room behind the glass. "Where did Stiles go?!"

"Where's my son?" The sheriff panicked.

We ran up to the roof of the hospital. "What are we looking for?" Derek asked.

"I'm not sure." He said walking further onto the roof. "But I think Stiles wasn't just up here struggling with himself. I think, he was struggling not to do something. He pulled a duffel bag of cables and crocodile clips from the top of an electrical box. We glanced up to see that just above there was a wire and a part of the rubber looked like it had been scratched off.

We were walking back to the stairs to get back into the hospital when the electrical cage practically exploded sending sparks flying. The cable started flying around like something was controlling it in a particularly uncontrolled manner. 

A/N: I have a tiktok account it's lxd1ydea the same as my wattpad.