The Aftermath

A/N: 😱😱😱😱😱 No!!!! It happened again!!!! I had a whole chapter written up ready for publication and Wattpad bloody deleted it!!! A whole chapter gone!!!! I can't believe it!!!! To say that I am fuming is an understatement, i can't believe it! anyway I do not own James Bond in any way, shape or form I only own Cassie. Also I have slightly strayed from the movie a bit so it fits with the story, the song that is used in this chapter is called "you're my world" by Cilla Black, anyway on with the story.....

The Aftermath

Bond had noticed that the helicopter had lost control, and had crashed on the bridge, his immediate thoughts went straight to Cassie 'oh god what have I done?' he kept thinking to himself. As quickly as he could both he and Madeleine made their way to the bridge to which Bond had noticed that M, the armed forces and a first response team had arrived and set a perimeter up.

"007" M began "not to worry, Cassie had a tracker on her at all times and I currently have the first response team searching the river for her; we'll find her James." He said while reassuringly patting his hand on Bonds shoulder.

Bond had then noticed that Blofeld had managed to crawl his way out of the helicopter debris, only to be surrounded by several members of armed police "as for him..." Bond interrupted his boss by raising his hand and making his way over to small, insignificant individual, he crouched down to look him in the eye.

"For over 20 years, you have torn my family apart, my daughter grew up without knowing her parents because of you, my wife died unnecessarily because of you; today that ends. Today you lose Blofeld, because you are not going to tear my family apart any more, It's over."

The only thing Blofeld did in response was give a very cold laugh. "Don't you see James?" He asked while wincing in pain "I don't need to tear your family apart any more because have started to do that yourself." He continued to laugh to which Bond raised his fist to strike him only to be stopped by Madeleine "James, James stop. Don't. He's not worth it." Bond turned to look at Madeleine before they both got up and walked away from Blofeld, refusing to give him another thought, Bond then acted on impuse, grabbed Madeleine by the shoulders and started to passionately kiss her.

After a few short moments, the kiss was interrupted by M "007, the first response team have found Cassie;they're bringing her up from the river." Bond, Madeleine and M rushed down to the end of the bridge where the team had just lifted Cassie's unresponsive body to quickly begin chest compressions and CPR.

All Bond could do was just stare at the lifeless body of his daughter. She looked pale, her lips were blue and her hands were still handcuffed behind her back from where Blofeld had imprisoned her. 'Please let her live' he thought to himself 'she needs to live.'

A few more moments passed and a collective gasp was heard along with a good amount of coughing and gasping for air. "We've got her back" one of the team shouted before quickly wrapping her up in blankets to get her warm.Bond felt a sigh of relief leave his body as he watched her being put into the private ambulance, the only thoughts that kept running through his mind at that moment were 'She's ok' she was going to be alright.

Six Weeks Later...

It had been six weeks since Blofeld had been apprehended and Bond had not seen or heard from Cassie ever since the day after it all happened.

Bond had learned from Q that Cassie had handed in her notice with immediate effect a few days after Blofeld had been officially taken into custody, she didn't even clear her desk herself, she requested that Moneypenny collect it for her and send it to a local P.O.Box for her to pick up.  Moneypenny couldn't get the hurt look on Bond's face out of her mind when she informed him of this decision, she knew too well that he tried his best to hide his emotions as well as maintain his dignity and composure, but the look was still evident on his face.