Arc 1 Chapter 6: Making a name

The next day, Izuku was up and ready to go. It was his first patrol with Gran Torino. Izuku was wearing a green hoodie with a mask. In addition to this, he received biker gloves with titanium knuckles with the fabric of the gloves being cut resistant while also receiving iron soles for a better kick as well.

"You know kid, we haven't even thought of a hero name for ya!" Gran Torino said. "Any ideas?"

Izuku thought about a hero name. He then thought back to a memory.

Flashback

"Stop it Kaachan!" Izuku said, "Just because you have a quirk doesn't mean you can use it to bully others!!"

"Out of the way Deku! You know you can't beat me, especially since you don't have a quirk!" Katsuki said.

"No! I won't let you hurt her! I'll take you on myself!" Izuku said, getting in a fighting position.

"You clearly don't know your place," KAtsuki said, "So let me remind you!"

Izuku braced himself for a beating. One explosion hit Izuku dead on as he readied himself for another with it not coming. He then noticed Katsuki floating with his goons also floating.

"That. Is. ENOUGH!" the girl shouted

Izuku then saw his savior with it being the same girl he tried to protect with her protecting him.

"T-thank you," Izuku said.

"I should be thanking you Deku. You saved me from receiving an explosion!" Said the girl. "I'm Ochako Uraraka by the way."

"I'm Izuku Midoriya." Izuku responded.

"Izuku? I thought your name was Deku." Ochako said.

"Deku's just a name that he uses to make fun of me," Izuku said looking down."

"Oh really? I'm sorry! I didn't know!" Ochako said before giving it some thought. "But... you know what, I like Deku! It kinda sounds like the word for 'You can do it'!"

"R-really?" Izuku asked

"Of course!" Ochako said. "I better go find my parents. I hope to see you again soon!"

Flashback Over

Izuku finally came up with a name. He turned to Gran Torino.

"Hm... I'm kinda thinking... Deku." Izuku said.

"Kid, have you been playing Legend of Zelda too much?" GT asked.

"What? No! Well, yes, but that's not my reason. I chose that name because someone changed its meaning from an insult to something a hero could be called!" Izuku said.

"Well I like it," Nana said with a smile.

"But... that costume." Gran Torino noted.

"It's just to start off. It's not official." Izuku said.

"Yeah but... have you looked yourself in the mirror? You look more like a vigilante than a hero." GT said. "Here, try this."

He then adjusted the face mask to where you could see his mouth with the mask itself covering his chin as well as most of his neck.

"I like this better," Izuku said, "What was All Might's first costume."

"Trust me you do not wanna know," Gran Torino said.

"Yeah. I cringe just thinking about it!" Nana commented at the thought.

Izuku giggled. Their chanter was interrupted by a scream. Ryukyu looked and saw trouble.

"Welp, looks like we got our first customer!" Ryukyu said.

The four dashed towards the noise to see a villain that looked to be made out of gold, holding a hostage in his hand that he shaped like a cage.

"Someone help!" she said.

"Try anything funny and she gets it!" the villain said.

Izuku got a good look at the villain. He suddenly recognized him.

"Its Rhino!" he said.

Rhino turned around and smirked.

"Well, a common stranger knows my name," he said, "Looks like my reputation is looking bright."

Izuku saw the terror in her eyes.

"Alright. We need to form a plan." Nana said. "Alright, Izuku... Izuku?" She was looking around to see Izuku no where to be found.

She then saw him jumping towards the villain out of his sight as he bent the cage with the villain hissing in pain as he dropped the girl. Gran Torino and ryukyu had their jaws drop from what just happened.

"Fine then! I'll just take YOU then!" The villain shouted. "I've added a new edition to my suit which is molting gold. I can use it to heat up and reshape it however I please! I can EVEN burn people with it!"

The villain attacked Izuku with him dodging as he made sure he had taken the girl to safety.

He then started throwing hard punches and kicks at the villain with him not taking his blows very well seeing that gold is softer than steel. Rhino decided to charge at the broccoli haired boy. Using what he learned from training, Izuku dodged out of the way by jumping over him. He then grabbed the tail with his own bare hands. People were watching and were amazed. Izuku with all his Might, pulled the tail off effectively shutting off the machine and then slammed it on the cockpit!

Izuku stood victorious against the villain. A crowd of people gathered around to see the young boy holding his fist up high.

"Now THAT'S what I call a true hero!" An old man said with a smile on his face.

"He didn't even use a quirk!" Said another bystander.

Ryukyu then smiled.

"That's the thing, he doesn't even HAVE one!" She said.

"Whaaaaaat!"

"What are you people so surprised about?" Said the same old man. "Haven't you guys heard of um uh... Tony... Stank? Or whatever his name was. There are PLENTY of heroes who can't just use some... fancy quirk or whatever you wanna call them... what you just saw was a young man making history whether he was planning to or not!"

"Well he is being trained by none other than All Might!" Gran Torino added.

A director then rushed towards Izuku with a journal.

"Young man! What's your hero name and age?!"

"I'm Deku and I'm eleven years old." Izuku said.

"Eleven?!"

Someone then rushed towards a phone booth.

"Boss! We have a newspaper to write! A young boy who goes by the name of Deku has taken down a tough villain and saved a hostage!"

News began to spread fast across America AND Japan. It wasn't long till Izuku was the talk of both America and Japan.

In Japan.

A young girl was sitting between her parents while watching the news. She then saw the boy who made the news rather quickly. She quickly recognized the boys hero name 'Deku'.

"Mom! Dad! I know that boy!" The girl shouted.

"What boy?" Her mother asked

"The boy who goes by Deku! I met him before at the park! He saved me from those bullies when we were five!" She said.

"Well whenever he comes back to Japan get to know him!" Her mom said, "I want some grandkids."

The girl blushed.

"MOM!!! I'M ONLY ELEVEN!!! WE CAN'T HAVE THE STORKS COMING TO US AT THIS AGE!!!" The girl shouted.

Katsuki and a few friends of his were watching it on the news. He couldn't help but smile at this.

"Who's that guy?" Asked a kid.

"He's my friend," Katsuki said.