Arc 1 Chapter 5: America

The day had finally come. It was Izuku's trip to America to begin his second part of the training for the quirk OFA. Izuku had everything important packed up and ready to go. He then went towards the beach and saw Nana Shimura with Ryukyu in her dragon form.

"Alright. I'm ready!" Izuku said. "Are we going to the airport?"

"HA! Airport. That's funny! Climb on kid!" Ryukyu said. "Gran Torino will meet us at our destination."

"You're turning into a dragon," Izuku said, "That means...."

"Yep! We'll be taking the sky, dragon style!" Ryukyu said as she put one wing on the ground for Izuku to climb on.

Izuku then climbed on. When everyone was ready, Ryukyu began to take off. Inko waved bye to her son.

"Be safe Izuku, and be sure to write to us every day!" Inko said.

"Bye Mom!" Izuku said.

Ryukyu was then above the clouds with Izuku. Nana then turned to her grandson.

"Are you excited about this Izuku?" she asked.

Izuku nodded vigorously.

"Yea!" he answered with a big smile, "It's gonna be awesome!"

A few hours later, Izuku looked ahead. He started to see buildings all around. They were finally in New York! Ryukyu was starting to slow down as she landed near an airport. Both Izuku and Nana got off of Ryukyu as she turned herself back into her human form.

"Whoa.... so many lights," Izuku said.

"Yep, that's New York for ya."

"Just uh... try not to get mugged." Nana said.

"Why would I need to worry about that?" Ryukyu asked as she roundhouse kicked someone trying to steal her wallet.

"Alright. So first, since we're staying here for a while, we're going to be renting an apartment so we atleast have a place to rest our heads." Nana said. "But first, to find where Torino went."

"Look behind you," said a voice.

The three looked to see Gran Torino.

"Wow, you've gotten shorter over the years," Ryukyu said with a chuckle.

"Hey! It's not MY fault that your dragon quirk makes you as tall as a skyscraper!" Gran Torino said.

Gran Torino then looked at the boy.

"So are you the one All Might chose?" he asked.

Izuku nodded.

"You're pretty muscular for your age," Gran Torino said.

"Well... I DID clean up a whole bunch of garbage." Izuku said.

"Well, before you start fighting villains around here, you need to learn HOW to fight villains. You can't just go around punching villains and expect it to go your way like a certain blonde I know!" Gran Torino said.

Izuku giggled at this.

"Pop quiz," Gran Torino said, "What is my quirk and how can I use it?"

"Your quirk is called jet. You use it to speed towards your opponent at high speeds as well as maneuver quickly." Izuku said.

"Well you're certainly smart for your age," Gran Torino said.

"He's definitely a smart one!" Nana said.

"I've already rented an apartment and an old garage where we can train." Gran Torino said.

"Always one step ahead of me like always Gran Torino," Nana said.