24

For those I told I would do the bat thing, were almost there, promise.

-------
Bats, fucking bats, he thought as he leaned against the rough bark of the tree; beads of sweat dribbling down his forehead. It was...weird finding out the whole bat thing was true. Like, really fucking weird and really, really fucking stupid. What purpose did that even serve? What purpose in the whole evolutionary tree did the genes decide that yes, bat and then kept it?

He breathed in and out, already feeling the dull throb of an upcoming headache as his brain scanned through what the others had told him.

Wilbur had said, 'just melt into it, there's nothing else to it child.' He remembered looking up at the man with a scowl as he said it. Looking at how the mans eyes buzzed with a clear disinterest as he said it. Like it was something normal, and mundane -easy rather. Which did make sense but it made Tommy frustrated nevertheless.

Technoblade, the complete opposite having told him, 'imagine it as a ball in an empty space, walk up to it and grasp it in your hands, then push it into your chest' whatever the fuck poetic shit that was. Though, he had a suspicion the man was just fucking with him because he could see the slightest upturn of the mans lips as he was explaining it. Almost a grin.

Philza just shrugged at him when he asked, telling him this. 'Its all inside mate.' Still with the poetic shit. But he trusted Philza and that's all that mattered. Though that seemed like a mistake in hindsight.

Inevitably as time went by he began to become more and more irate as he tried tirelessly to get results. While he did sometimes transform a limb or two --which was terrifying because they shrunk and twisted in ways that made his stomach turn, so useless in fact it was like he lost a limb instead.

The blonde could say while unsettling it was also fascinating watching as his limbs reverted back to their normal state. The muscle and tendons regrowing, layers snaking around and intertwining with one another, veins suddenly spidering throughout, skin coming in soon after.

He breathed harshly out his nose as he cleared his mind again. He tried all of those methods. And now he was still in the garden, lithe with frustration.

From the shade of the tree he was under he could see the sun nearing his plane of view, which meant he didn't have much time left before it shone directly on him. His skin already felt painfully hot and red from the rays that peeped through the leaves when he accidentally touched them. So suffice to say he wasn't looking forward to what would happen if he outstayed his welcome.

He turned his attention to the other members of the coven, who were sat in a bench a couple feet away, still waiting for him to finish. They were chatting happily, with an occasional look his way, giving him little bits of encouragement as he continued on. He squinted his eyes. Lucky bastards and their immunity to the sun. No, lucky old bastards and their immunity to the sun, he couldn't help but think.

Ok. He drew in a couple of breaths. Enough playing around, he thought with a new sense of determination. I'm going to get it here, and I'm going to get it now.

Tommy sat down onto the cool grass below. He shifted his legs until they were in a pretzel position and then lowered his arms on his lap while straightening his back. Anything that was cluttering his train of thought was thrown away into the recesses of his mind.

He heard a snicker coming from the bench.

"Oh so you're doing yoga now?" Wilbur snickered, his lips painted in a sharp smirk. Technoblade chortled.