Chapter 6: Hunter?

Word Count: 1k

~~~~~~~~~~

Humanity. What is it that makes something human? Is it the body? The mind? Can something be human without being 'human.' Tommy thought of vampires as sadistic, heartless monsters who took what they wanted. However and whenever they pleased, take himself as an example. Tubbo was 'human' before but now he wasn't. But Tubbo wasn't heartless, Tubbo wasn't a monster, Tubbo didn't disregard human life as if it was nothing but livestock. Tubbo was still Tubbo and Tommy was confused. In the five days they have been hiding in their old house Tommy half expected for the other to just suddenly change to the mold he had for the murderous species.

Even then, both Wilbur and Philza weren't heartless monsters, at least to him. They were nice, gentle, and caring, but what lied beneath that? Their existence itself implied a tremendous body count. They also didn't take into consideration his unwillingness to turn; they were selfish. As if they couldn't care for him if he didn't eventually become one of them.

Tommy shook his head; he couldn't be thinking about that right now. Tubbo was more important than his thoughts at the moment, he needed to get more food. Luckily Tubbo could still digest regular food in this stage of the transformation. Though he was sickly and weak, flickering in and out of consciousness for hours at a time. His second canine fell out too, replaced by a sharp point. The same as the other side. Growing.

Taking one last look at the brunettes sleeping form he walked out the door and onto the empty streets of the abandoned part of town. Making his way to more dense and busy streets as he walked to the more lively part.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Its been five fucking days and they still havent found them. Numerous calls of threats from Schlatt have become daily and Philza is tired. He just wants his son back and safe in his arms. Hell, even the ever stoic Technoblade is showing concern and he hasn't even met the kid. Wilbur is becoming increasingly agitated and his attempts at finding the two are becoming sloppy and rushed. Philza personally thinks it's Wilburs emotions for the kid clouding his skills. He sighs, it's time to actually cash in the favor.

"Techno, call Dream again and tell him he can send his unit in now will you?"

~~~~~~~~~~

Standing in front of the entrance to their home was a tall, lanky teen. Actually, screw tall, he was freakishly tall. Along with that his appearance was odd too.

His fluffy hair was split-dyed; one part was white, and the other black. A small hair clip in the shape of a crown held to a piece of his hair as well. Adorning his skin were splotches of dark colored patches scattered across his head and hands. The most notable being one that covered almost half his face. Both of his eyes were different colors too. The right a striking red, and the left a toxic green. A rare trait in vampires.

Clashing with his quirky appearance was a sleek, black suit with dress pants and shoes of the same color. Underneath his fitted jacket was a white dress shirt, and around his neck sat a bright red tie.

All in all, this was not what the Sleepy coven was expecting when Dream said he was sending his brightest student.

"You...uh gonna let me in or what?" He asked nervously.

The three immediately got out of the way. "Oh yeah, sorry mate come right in!"

They led the boy who was apparently named 'Ranboo' into the depths of their home. Eventually settling down in the living room.

"You want some tea before we begin?" Philza suggested.

"Yeah I'll take some."

"What kind?"

"Anything is fine with me, I uh, really don't care." Philza nodded and went to make the hot beverage. Afterwards, he came back and placed the cup in Ranboo's hands, sitting down onto the opposite couch beside Wilbur and Techno.

"So I take it that you've got two kids you need to track down?" he inquired. Ranboo wondered why three of the most powerful beings in the world couldn't track down two kids. Though, he figured it wasn't in his place to think about such things. All that mattered right now was that they needed help; and that he would be the one assisting. He couldn't disappoint.

"Yeah you see Wilbur over here is too...emotionally invested to put the shit I taught him to good use." Philza said. Wilbur turned bright red with embarrassment.

"So why can't Technoblade do it? Isn't he a formidable hunter or something?"

"Well these two think it's a 'good idea' I meet him after we catch him." Techno grumbled, his fingers in air quotes. He was out attending boring meetings and when he comes home he can't do anything fun. "Besides, you know why Wilbur's called The Siren right? He can control humans and vampires with just his voice. Don't know how he got that power though; his voice is ugly as hell." Techno snickered.

"Is not! At least I don't dye my hair pink like some weirdo!" Wilbur retorted.

"Is that the best you can come up with Wilbur? Dang, that's sad." His eyes twinkled with amusement as he continued. "Look at this man! He can't even come up with a proper comeback!" he wheezed. Wilbur sputtered as he tried to find something to respond with; his arms gesturing wildly in the cramped space of the couch. Ranboo seemed to be forgotten as the two continued to bicker.

Philza just pinched the bridge of his nose. "Alright, alright, calm the fuck down before I beat your asses, we got shit to do." Both men immediately straightened. Satisfied, Philza continued. "Now we can get to business."

"Now, before we get started I want to get to know each other. I heard you have a particular set of skills and a power that would help us greatly. Could you elaborate on that mate?"

~~~~~~~~~~

Definitely not me not having figured out Ranboos power yet......

Suggestions?

[Critique in the comments would be greatly appreciated if you're comfortable with that.

To anyone who reads this, Have a nice day!]