Chapter 17

Tommy shifts in the bed, caccooning himself into the soft sheets, Wilbur right next to him. Even after his revelation it seems he still couldn't be trusted to sleep by himself. He could practically feel Wilbur's eyes boring into his back.

He loosens the sheets around him and flips to the other side of the bed where Wilbur sat.

"Wilbur."

"Yes Tommy?"

Tommy grips the sheets of the bed tightly. "I'm tired."

The man just blinks before realizing Tommy was serious. He lets out a small laugh, "Then just go to sleep Tommy. You're in a bed for gods sake."

"You know what I mean Wilbur! I-" he grabs the mans sleeve, craning his head up to meet the others, eyes filled with something oh so shattered. "-I never had a chance did I? You knew it- all of you knew it- You knew I'd crash and burn eventually and I'm tired, tired of fighting. And I hate it. But i'm content; its scary that i'm content with it all."

Wilbur smiles warmly. His hand raises to brush Tommy's hair out of his eyes.

"Then don't be scared of it, embrace it."

"I-" he lets go of Wilbur's sleeve, lowering his head and slumping back into the bed. "I can't fight anymore." Tommy laughs bitterly, "Don't have a choice do I? Gotta cope somehow."

"If that's what makes you feel better then yes."

Tommy scoffs. "You're all menaces you know that? Fucking assholes. Sick, twiste-"

"You don't mean it," Wilbur interrupts. "Not completely at least."

Tommy stays silent before turning away in defeat. "I know," he whispers before picking up again. "Can you at least lessen that glare of yours? I can practically feel your eyes burning holes into my fucking head."

Wilbur made a choking noise in response.

"Exactly, Now stop before I really try to escape. How you even managed to catch us off guard fucking escapes me. "

It didn't take long for the man to regain his composure.

"Try to escape? In your dreams. You know what happened last time."

"Opening a can of worms I don't want to remember. You trying make me hate you Wilbur?"

"And if I am?" He teased.

Tommy rolls his eyes. "Fuck you," Flipping over he starts again. "And for your information your doing a great fucking job at the moment."

"You could never hate me."

"For awhile I did, so yes, I can."

"But you don't anymore so that's all that matters." He chirped. Before Tommy could respond Wilbur turned off the lamp, engulfing the room in complete darkness. But strangely Tommy could still see well. Wilbur yawns, "It's getting late, and i'm tired, it's time to go to bed." But Tommy didn't hear Wilbur. He was too busy staring around the room in disbelief.

"Uhhh Wilbur? I can still see everything."

Wilbur again chokes on his spit.

"What!? That ability isn't supposed to set in until like a month!"  He exclaims.

Tommy shrugs, "Guess i'm just a special case." 'Is it really a big deal?' He thinks.

But Wilbur seemed adamant about it and continued his excited rambling. "Oh my! Phil's gonna have to hear about this one. Wonder what other surprises you have huh?"

"Just tell me how to shut it off!"

He huffs, "Alright, alright, you're no fun. Be patient you little goblin! All you have to do is concentrate on shutting it off. Close your eyes and picture a pitch black room."

Tommy closes his eyes. His face scrunches up. "You sure this is gonna work Wilbur? I feel stupid."

"Shhhh just trust the process."

"How long do I have to do this?" He complains.

"Until I tell you to so stop complaining."

Tommy begrudgingly keeps his eyes closed for a bit until he cracks one open and gets smacked by Wilbur.

"Hey what was that for!?" Tommy cried out.

"Eyes, closed." He says slowly, as if speaking to a child.  The boy begrudgingly straightened and kept is his eyes glued shut.

"Now?"

"No."

"Now?"

"No."

"Now?"

He groans, "Fuc- yes Tommy you can open your eyes.  Your such an annoying little shit you know that?"

He opens his eyes to reveal a completely dark room. 'Huh, It really did work.' Tommy thinks.

"It actually worked."

Wilbur gasped in offense. "Of course it actually worked did you really have that little faith in me?"

"Well yes that too, but the whole cliche 'close your eyes and imagine' thing really seemed sketchy as fuck."

"You know what? I'm too tired for this attack on my technique. Just go to bed."  He said before getting into the sheets himself. "Goodnight." He finishes.

Its silent for a minute until Tommy lets out a sigh.

"Goodnight Wilbur."

---

Philza firmly shakes Schlatts hand. The deal was sealed. 

"We're picking him up Tomorrow at 4. If your clingy ass backs out of the deal there will be consequences." 

"Yeah, yeah, yeah i'm only doing this because mines been asking me for so long and It's kinda getting annoying."

Philza says nothing more and gestures to Technoblade. "Its time to go." Tipping  his hat he walks out of the room, Techno following suit.

As they walk through the halls Philza sighs.

"Hope this isn't a bad decision."

---

I have completely given up on titles. Makes my small brain hurt too much.

And ahh fuck it seems im making a habit of posting at 3 in the morning or later. Goddamn really need to fix my sleep schedule. I'm a fuckin m e s s.

Besides that hope you enjoyed this chapter. And as per usual, have a nice day/night, wherever you are! Hope this isn't getting too cheesy.