23

----------

The soft clack of the servants footsteps filled Tommy's ears as they made their way to the kitchen. Not a word had been spoken after they left.

Other that the constant drone of the footsteps, its silent, and Tommy doesn't like it.

"House is big huh?" Tommy said, breaking the silence.

Niki and Jack look at each other, and then back.

Nikki nudges Jack. He coughs. "Uhh, yes it is!" Jack said, "We have a big family here at the manor. Master Philza is generous enough to provide space for us lessers to live in." Niki nods, "Believe it or not he bought this place for the sole purpose of housing us. If it was up to him he'd be living in an apartment! Better of the Sires he is," he mused, "Don't think your brothers would let 'im though."

Brothers, Tommy's mind repeats. Its weird really, some part of him thinks it alien, another, feels warm at the thought.

Tommy picks up his speed as the sight of the kitchen enters his vision. His chest tingles with warmth at the thought of meeting the others.

"Interesting," he said, voice a little high at the end, "Didn't need all that but cool to know I guess, fuck if I know."

Nikki giggles as Jack swiftly shuts his mouth.

"Didn't need to get that into detail Jack." She teased.

"Alright, alright! Were here now forget that please," Jack said. They near the entrance. He turns to look at Tommy, a small smile on his lips, "As we were only ordered to escort you we'll be taking out leave, if you ever need anything come to us alright? We'll be glad to be of service." They then bow and take their leave.

"Well that was brief." Tommy said to himself, snickering, as they disappear around the corner.

"Look who's late to the party!" A voice pipes up from the table.

Tommy sits down on one of the chairs, sticking his tongue out at the brunette. "Oh piss off Wilbur i'm tired!"

"Well then don't be," He retorted as he took a sip of his coffee. "Can't let you sleep all day."

"Well I'd prefer it if you would."

"Too bad," Technoblade interrupted; his red eyes meeting Tommy's speckled ones. "You have a whole day ahead of you. If we're lucky you'll get transformation today." He paused, and seemed to think for a bit. "Though...," he droned, his lips upturned in a lazy grin, "...It would be funny as hell if you absolutely fail though. If you suffer it'd be like payback for the nasty bite your feral ass gave me."

He seemed fine, Tommy thought. But he could see the bandages wrapped around his arm. And the spots of varying blacks and reds staining its fabric, as well as the way then mans face seemed to contort in expertly hidden agony; only the slight squint of his eyes giving it away as he moved about.

Tommy sniffs, his eyes trailing over the bandages. "Im....sorry," he breathes out, his eyes downcast as he fiddles with the hem of his shirt.

Technoblade reaches for his cup of tea. "You're a changeling, can't blame ya. But do it again and I'll punt you into the Antarctic got it?" He warns, though with a playful undertone.

Tommy perks up, so he's not mad? The blonde sheepishly rubs the back of his neck. "Got it big man."

"You sleep well?" Philza asks as he takes a sip from a cup of his own. The cup leaves his lips, leaving a thick smear of red on them.

Its blood, of a human being. And Tommy breath hitches. He closes his eyes. He forgot didn't he? He just has....to suck it up? And stay calm? This is his life now after all.... He's not human, they're not human, its just a need for sustenance. Yes, to survive.