L! Jack CG! Niki

I decided to move a few more over from Archive so there's gonna be at least two or three updates today!

Request!

mayhaps,,, L!jack and CG!Niki, age range of 2-5 (im not too picky on age range lol)
Jack felt lonely and left out for so long, even going back to og lmanburg. hes been regressing for about a year, but he's never regressed in front of anyone before. after doomsday niki starts making an effort to hang with him a lot more. and after a stressful day Niki comforts him and he ends up slipping in front of her. hurt/comfort ensues and she takes care of him!
sry for the kinda long prompt ':D

CW: crying, sippy cups

-

Feeling lonely wasn't new for Jack, he was used to it from the start he was constantly left out so he found ways to cope, ways to feel okay on his own. One of those ways was regressing he used to do it quite frequently but never bothered to tell anyone, not that they bothered to listen anyways deciding it was better to regress on his own.

Recently Niki had started spending more and more time with Jack since doomsday, she couldn't help but feel like she contributed to his loneliness deciding to do her part in fixing that.

Jack didn't mind, really! Jack appreciated Niki's company more than anything but he didn't want to scare Niki off by regressing in front of her so instead he'd push it off until he was alone.

Unfortunately for Jack today was just a day where he couldn't push it off. He had been ignored by everyone all day, Tommy even going as far as to pretend he couldn't hear him, and it was exhausting, but Niki was at his house waiting when he got home. He approached the front door and unlocked it as he tried to shake the mental fog that was growing.

"Hello, Jack!" Niki greeted smile bright, Jack waved back with a sad smile as they headed inside, Jack hoped that Niki hadn't caught on but Niki knew better as she followed him inside. "Are you alright?" Niki asked, Jack just shook his head trying to keep his tears at bay as Niki brought him into a hug. "Oh Jack" she cooed as Jack sobbed into her shoulder, "can you tell me what's wrong?" She questioned.

They sat down on the couch, Jack taking a deep breath as he tried to soothe himself "pe-people ignorin m-me an-" Jack gasped unable to keep this sobs under control.

"Take a deep breath Jack, it's alright," Niki instructed softly, unbothered when Jack climbed into her lap. Once Jack had calmed down some, Niki had some more questions "why did you talk like that earlier?" She asked not a hint of negativity in her voice.

Jack's eyes shut tightly as he realized he had slipped in front of someone. "'M sorry, 'm sorry" he apologized frantically.

Niki watched as Jack's eyes started filling up with tears, "it's alright!" Niki comforted "you just have to tell me what's wrong so I can help you, I'm not mad" She explained.

"'M small you wasn't 'posed to know" Jack sniffled.

It had been awhile since Niki had heard anyone say that, long before the smp, "like age regression?" She questioned earning a nod in response and with that said Niki immediately fell into a caregiver mindset she had long forgotten about. "Those clothes can't be comfy let's go change" she said letting Jack get up before making their way to Jack's bedroom.

The little dragged Niki over to his closet opening a chest perfectly hidden from view, pulling out a colorful hoodie along with a tattered gray bunny. Jack started to go run off to change before stopping a few times to make sure Niki hadn't left, "don't worry, I'm not leaving bubba" she reassured as Jack finally shut the bathroom door to change.

True to her word, when Jack came back she was still there, "there's my cute boy" Niki praised making Jack giggle. "Okay little one, we can do whatever you want you just say the word" Niki told him.

Jack thought for a second, he would've loved to go run around and play with Niki but with the emotional rollercoaster he had earlier he just longed to be held. "Cuddle wit' mama" Jack said, the name slipping out without a second thought as his eyes widened waiting for a response.

"You can call me that if you'd like little one" Niki said, sitting down on the bed next to him. She watched as Jack relaxed with her response as she opened her arms for the little.

Testing the waters Jack climbed into her lap laying his head on her chest, Niki wrapping her arms around him. Niki hummed quietly to herself as Jack enjoyed the comfort of her embrace feeling himself slip a little younger under her care.

They stayed like that for a while before Jack spoke, "Mama," Jack whispered quietly, Niki humming in response, "t'irsty" he pouted his baby blue eyes looking up to meet Niki's.

" do you have a sippy anywhere?" She asked, Jack nodded pointing back at the chest he had gotten his things out of earlier. "you stay here while I go get you a drink okay baby?" Niki instructed as she got up to get his drink.

The little did as he was told waiting patiently with his bunny in his lap for Niki's return. It felt like forever until Niki was back, green sippy cup in hand as she walked over to Jack, "have you ever had Angel's milk?" She asked handing over the cup as Jack shook his head, "it's really yummy I think you'll like it" Niki said as she sat behind the boy.

With one sip Jack knew that Niki was right, the sweet warm liquid making him even more tired as he laid against her. Niki had planned on the drink making him sleepy, Jack letting out a sleepy whine when he realized he was definitely losing this battle. "It's alright baby, you can go to sleep I'll still be here when you wake up" she soothed as Jack finally let his eyes shut.

Niki was glad Jack had trusted her enough to let her see this side of him, she made a promise to herself that from then on she was going to take care of Jack and attempt to make him the happiest little ever, but what Niki didn't know was that Jack was just happy with the attention he was given, the attention he so desperately needed.