Chapter 19: Was never yours

A/n: This is probably trash but hey I tried.

When you woke you never left your bed. With that fight you knew you probably lost her. And because of that, you broke. You didn't care enough to put on a facade. You didn't care enough to drink or eat. You just didn't care. The only way you got up was from Hina banging on your door and not leaving. You forced yourself out of bed. She told you there was a body. She explained what happened. You nodded and said you investigate once you got ready. But you never did. You stayed in your room on your bed.
What's the point. The killing will never end. One by one everyone I love dies. And we have to see them die in horrific ways. This wasn't a game. This was real people! Real lives! I can't take anymore. After this trial if I'm still alive, I'm going to kill my-

Your thoughts got interrupted by Monokuma saying it's time for the investigation. You were second to last. You looked at Toko. She just looked away from you. It was time for the trial. "First we need to clarify who exactly the victim is." Hiro then said it was Kyoko and who was standing there is a ghost. Makoto shot that down because of her gloves. Then they continued having to prove that's not Kyoko. This has got to be the most stupid thing you've heard in all the trials yet. "If Kyoko is still alive, then who died?" Hiro asked. Toko then said how the body was burned beyond recognition. "Well if we can't identify the body..."

"No that's wrong!"

There it is. While you have been helping him these you stayed silent. You leaned on your podium. You barely listened to anything. The suspicion went on Kyoko. And she said something that shut everybody up.

"If you vote for me, and I die here, the mystery of this school will stay hidden forever." You didn't pay attention for most but this made you raise your head. "Which is why...I can't let that happen!" She finished. "So are you saying you're not the culprit?" Byakuya asked. "Of course I'm not. I have no reason to Jill anyone. This is a trap that mastermind has laid for us!" She said. Monokuma just laughed. Kyoko made some more points but you went back inside your head. You didn't care enough to participate. You were so tired. Of everything. Everyone probably noticed, but you didn't actually see. Then suddenly Kyoko had a theory. What if two people were the blackned. This made your head shoot straight up. Which to the others, probably wasn't a good look on you. She explained that if two people stabbed someone at the same time, they both would be the blackned. Monokuma need up confirming. The blame then shifted to the people who claimed they stayed in their rooms. You and Makoto.

You and Makoto looked at each other. Panic in his eyes and shock in yours. You both knew you didn't do it. "Don't bother saying it's not possible after Monokuma confirmed." Kyoko said. "I must admit, Kyoko's reasoning is sound. And Makoto's and Y/n's alibis are inadequate." God in that moment you wish you paid attention. You had no idea what Kyoko said before accusation. You looked at Makoto the shock gone from your eyes and it went back to dullness. He looked confused. You went back into your head. They said something bout a knife and how it went completely through...would have taken two people...blah blah blah... What you didn't hear was Toko defending you the whole time. While to the others it didn't mean much. Then Makoto came back to refute it. Saying the knife stab wound wasn't what killed her. Turns out it was blow to the head that killed her. You officially stopped paying any attention. Half an hour passed of them talking and you blocked it all out. All you could think about was your plan for after the trail.

"Wait. I'm warning you, don't make this mistake. I'm not the killer. You should know better than anyone I didn't do it." Kyoko said. "I should know...?" Byakuya asked. You were in and out this whole time. Kyoko wouldn't have been able to get to her room. Because she gave it to Byakuya. "There was a clear lie. But this just isn't like her. Was there some deeper meaning on what she said  earlier? The masterminds trap... What do I do?" Makoto whispered to himself. Only you could be able to hear. He took a deep breath. "I'll let it go."

Once again the blame was on both you and Makoto. Together. "Mukuro, who we didn't even know existed suddenly shows up dead, and then we're thrown into a trial! Even Kyoko said it's a trap!" You gasped. You got it. You knew. Your suicidal arc was out on hold on that realization. "Oh my god! Your right! This means that-"
"Okay! Times up!" Monokuma interrupted. "What do you mean times up? Since when-" Kyoko tried to say. "It's because you were late! So we had to push back the start time! So it's voting time!"

No this isn't right. This was to rushed. This makes no sense. This whole trial makes no sense. Makoto and I BOTH the blackned? Well...can't say this outcome wouldn't end the same. After all I  had a plan I  were going to act out once the trail was over. I pulled the lever to vote for myself. I don't care if I die. I just want this to end. I don't care if my death isn't nearly as honorable as Sakura's. I just can't take this anymore...

Sure enough it was a tie. Just like Kyoko said it should be. "You think WE'RE the killer!?" Makoto exclaimed. Nobody looked either of you in the eyes. "You're wrong!" Makoto yelled. "Good job everyone! Didn't think you would actually figure it out but here we are!" Monokuma exclaimed happily. "N-No...! It's not t-true...!" You heard a familiar voice say. You stepped away from your podium and looked at see Toko. She looked terrified. And she looked on the verge of tears. "S-She didn't do it! He d-did!" She looked at Makoto. "T-This is all y-your fault! I b-bet you tricked h-her!" You could see the flood of different emotions all over her face. Makoto was panicking but you remained calm. "It's time for your heart pounding positivity thrilling punishment!" Monokuma said. You and Makoto looked at Kyoko. "I don't expect you to forgive me. I know this is all my fault." She said. "Nonono!" Toko yelled. She then ran towards Monokuma just like Taka did at Mondo's trial. "You can't d-do this! She is t-the only one w-who..." She seemed to get chocked up on that last part. "Don't bother." You said. She looked at you tears now running down her face. "Goodbye. Thanks for being my friend here. And even though I couldn't say it before..."

"Let's give it everything we've got! It's punishment time!!!"

"...I love you too."

You and Makoto were out in a desk. You were facing the crusher in front of you while Makoto was looking behind you. You heard the cries of Toko in the background. You tried to turn you head but Monokuma pointed a knife at your neck making you face forward. This put you through hell. While Makoto was out through hell by hearing this and not being able to look. Just then. The crusher stopped moving just as you and Makoto were below it. But the escalator kept moving. Then you both fell. And fell.
And fell.
And fell.
Till darkness was all you could see.