Chapter nine

"I have feelings for you. It's like i-in my books. I...l-love you!" She said. You were shocked. Here? Her? Now? You were about to answer when you thought of something. She has had no experience with love or at least a good one. Nobody here truly likes her. And this place is bound to get to people. "Toko are you sure?" She looked surprised at your response. "O-of course I am! Why wouldn't I!?" She replied. "I've never heard of someone falling truly in love in less than a month... I'm not doubting your feelings but... I don't want a relationship here... Once we get out of here we can. This isn't a no, but a...let's wait for a while on official things." You said. She stayed silent for a while.

You cupped her cheek. "And who knows my mind might change." You said. You weren't gonna lie, you were very worried it was just infatuation. She looked up at you. You couldn't read her face to have any Idea what she might be feeling. "For you mistress...I'd wait an eternity..." She said blushing and in a daze. Being this close to her you noticed her hair was all frizzy. Did she brush it? You changed the subject and you guys talked for a bit. Before you knew it it was nighttime. She went back to her room. You were about to shut your door when you saw Makoto. "You look like you've seen some shit." You said. "Eh... something like that..."

The next day happened, as it does. You got out of your room and saw Makoto going to dinning hall... quicker that usually. Did something happen last night? You followed kinda matching his pace. "Hey Makoto!" Mondo said. "Thank you so very much for acting as our witness yesterday!" Taka said. "Are they...friends now?" Makoto asked. You looked at the others curious. "They've been acting like this all morning. They were all buddy buddy as soon as they walked in. It feels gross." Hina said.

"Feels gross? Hell no. Feels great more like!" Mondo replied. "This feels like sexual harassment." She said. "Do you even know what that means?" You said with a tad of attitude as what she said made no sense. "Forget her bro. A girl like her just doesn't get our manly bond! Friendship between men is stronger that blood! A woman could never understand!" Taka said. "What you just said? Bro, that was so cool as shit! I should get a tattoo of it!" Mondo said. "No bro you mustn't! Your body is a temple given to you by your loving parents!" You had loving parents? What's that like?

"So um...who won the contest?" Makoto asked. "Who gives a shit!?" Mondo yelled. "Yeah! Don't ask stupid questions!" Taka retorted. "Friendship between men seems very... simplistic. Nothing like what I'm used to with girls." Sakura said. All throughout breakfast, it was dominated by Mondo and Taka's brotherhood... You were starting to get Hina by the end. You went back to your room once you were done. "Sleep. Sleep is a good thing." You tried but couldn't. So you took a walk around. You went to the library to get a book. Byakuya was in there but you didn't try talking. Once you picked one out you sat down in the corner to read.

"Hey you. What are doing back here? I hate even having to look at you." Your head shot up thinking he was talking to you. "Ah-so you noticed me?" Makoto said. You sighed. He's not talking to you. You were about to go back into your book when you heard him say this. "Now hurry up and leave. And take her with you." You noticed Toko was there. She tried talking to Byakuya and said something. He denied he said whatever she said. "Get out. And go take a bath you smell." You hid behind your book. I'm not a part of this. I'm staying out. "Don't make me say it again. Now go before your stench latches onto the entire room." He added on. You cringed though nobody saw your face. Actually I don't even know if those two knew you were there. That was a bit harsh. "O-okay..." She and Makoto left. Out in the hall Makoto noticed she looked depressed. "Byakuya...to go that far... He must know what b-best for people!" Her face went from sad to hopeful and blushing. "Huh?" "He told me t-to take a bath and everything. He must know w-what someone wants in another person!" This made Makoto silent. "Makoto...what do you think?" She asked. "Think about what?" He asked. "Do you think Y/n and I would be g-good together? I-if I took a bath too?"

"Um... well, I don't really know." He said. "That's t-true. There's really no w-way to know... But her wanting to wait on anything official doesn't change our love! Because as soon as you accept your feelings, love is born. That's h-how love works!" She said blushing like made holding her hands together. "O...Kay..." Makoto said confused. "There m-might come a day when y-you understand. Maybe someday. Well...bye." She then walked off. "Ahh, young love!" Monokuma said showing up out of nowhere. "Uwah!!" You heard Makoto yelled and closed your book wondering what's going on. As you passed Byakuya you were surprised he let you stay. "Who would have ever guessed she'd be the type to go for girls? But eager passion can also be scary! Sometimes that leads people in the wrong direction!" You opened the door when you heard Monokuma laughing. He then left. Makoto noticed you there as you shut the door, book in hand. "What happened? You okay?" You asked. "All of a sudden, I feel exhausted. You also don't wanna know." You didn't wanna press so you just went back to your room to read. You stayed there reading for hours. You went out of your world to the nighttime announcement. But it was to call everyone to the gym.

They talked for a while but you didn't listen. Monokuma had a new motive. Everyone had a secret they didn't want anyone else knowing. If somebody wasn't killed 24 hours, they would be exposed. Taka said we should just get it all out but almost everyone shut that down. It was then truly nighttime.

You woke up coughing a little. You didn't know why until you saw Monokuma on your chest. "Ah! What the fuck is your ass doing here!!!?!?!?" You yelled. However started coughing again. He hopped off your chest and onto the foot of your bed. "How vulgar! But I wanted to spice things up! So instead of the school announcement, I decided to wake up in person!" He said. "Why?" You asked. "Because it's fun. And as long as I'm here I figured I'd let you hear it from the bear's mouth. How can you be so relaxed? I mean with what happened to one of your classmates." Now you were fully awake. "What!?" Your mind instantly went to Toko. Normally you'd blush a bit, as she was the first person you thought of. "What??? Your face is all pale." He commented. "What happened!!?!?" You yelled. "That's for me to know and you to find out!" And with that he was gone.

No way...someone wouldn't...or would they...I...I need to get to the others! Now!

You ran out your room and slammed it shut. You then ran in the dinning hall. "Where's everyone else?" Makoto asked. Hina, Sakura, Hiro, Makoto and Byakuya were there. They kept talking but you didn't hear. Your inner panic blocked them out. This can't be happening again! Not again! Makoto snapped you back to reality by putting his hand on your shoulder. "Hey, do you wanna go with me?" You could tell he was worried about you but you all had bigger problems. You nodded and he held your hand and you both went looking. You both went upstairs. You both went to the first room you saw, the pool. Byakuya was there. He kept talking to Makoto but you didn't waste any second. You opened the room to the girls locker room and....you found the body...of Chihiro Fujisaki.