Chapter 9

Luke's pov

It was 7:10 in the morning and I was holding her relaxed body in my arms.

Today we have to go to work at 10:30, so I prefer to let her rest as much as possible.

I wish she would stay home today and take a day off from work, but I alread know how she will react to this idea.

But I will not let her do anything that will harm her.

I was surprised yesterday.
I certainly did not expect such a reaction from her.
I mean, she is a doctor! I didn't expect her to be afraid.

She told me that she wasn't afraid, but the terror on her face was plausible.

Here there's something wrong with me.

She's great every time when she treats children who are even just a little nervous.

I didn't know she could have a panic attack when it came to her.

I watch her as she sleeps peacefully.

She is so beautiful.

I wish I could take that fear away.

Maybe I was the one who scared her?
Why she wouldn't have wanted me to lift her shirt slightly if she knew I just had to check her abdomen, and of course she knows that procedure.

She hasn't been touched inappropriately by anyone else, has she?

To break my thoughts is Calum who enters the room with a smile.

"Sshhh" I say right away and hos smile disappears right away.

"Why isn't she awake yet?" he asks seriously.

"Wait for me downstairs I'm coming, there I'll tell you everything but let's try not to wake her up" I whisper and he nods as he leaves the room.

I try to get away from her but she holds me tight.
When I manage to get her to let go her grip on my shirt I hear her say something confused.

"What dear?" whisper.

I knew she was sleeping and she probably doesn't even know what she's saying, but I wanted to try.

"Don't go too, I don't want to lose your hugs" she murmurs and immediately returns in silence, still in a deep sleep.

I frown.

What does it mean?

"I'm here honey, I'm here" I whisper, stroking her hair.

I tuck her in the blankets and immediately check her temperature with my hand.

She's quite warm.
I will check her as soon as she wakes up, but for now I want to let her rest.

I leave the room a little perplexed and go down to the boys who are preparing breakfast.

"Hey Luke" Ash greets me.

"Hey guys"

"What's up with Abby? Did you have fun last night?" they ask laughing and immediately my eyes open wide.

"Idiots! She wasn't feeling well" I say and their amused faces immediately change to worried.

"Yesterday while I was accompanying her to her room she lost her balance and almost fell, but when I tried to check her out she got mad at me and literally kicked me out of the room" I say and I could see their confused expressions.

"Tonight I woke up with certain noises then I got up and found her throwing up in the bathroom" now their faces were sorry "I was with her and I managed to convince her to get checked, she has stomach flu" I say and before that I could say anything Calum starts to talk.