Chapter 6

It was late at night.

Today the effects of the meds weren't on my side, but they were improving.

I'm used to it anyway.

It was probably 3 or 4 in the morning when I heard my bedroom door open revealing a sleepy-eyed Luke.

"Can't you sleep?" He asks.

"I could ask the same for you" I point with a sweet smile.

"I wanted to check how you were, apparently not well" he says softly as she approaches the bed and sits lightly on the edge.

I smile at the thought.
Did he really care enough to check on me at night?

He puts his hand on my forehead and I laugh as I pull it away slightly.

"Thank you" I smile and he smiles back revealing 2 adorable dimples.

"You should go to sleep, tomorrow will drain every crumb of rest from us" I giggle.

"What about you? Is there anything I can do? Painkillers? Does your head hurt? Or does your stomach hurt? Oh, I don't know are you on your period? ... Oh God I'm sorry maybe I should have been more delicate in saying it, it's okay if that's the case though- "

"Luke" I whisper "I'm fine, everything's fine, sleep I'll be fine" I tell him smiling.

But he puts his hand back on my forehead and I roll my eyes, smiling at his stubbornness.

"You're a little warm" he whispers.

"I'm also under three blankets" I giggle and he smiles as I say it.

"Can I sit next to you on the bed? Or is it too much? I don't want you to feel uncomfortable but I have an idea" he says softly.

It was kind of him to ask me first, so I let him sit next to me.

"Come here" he says as he patts on the seat next to him, so I get closer to him.

He started stroking my hair with one hand and massaging my shoulder and neck with the other.

It was so relaxing.
My muscles were so sore and he really took center.

I lean on his chest now that I've lost my mind.

Sometimes I flinched at his touch.

"Does it hurt?" he asks softly.

"It's just stress" I say without worrying about what I'm saying.

"Stress for what love?" he asks sincerely thoughtfully.

"I'm just an anxious person, nothing to worry about" I whisper.

"What do you mean hun? This isn't " nothing". Your feelings are really valid" he says.

He really meant it.
He really thinks so.
God, this guy looks perfect

"Thanks" I say softly.

"You don't have to thank me Abbs, I care about you. If that keeps you up at night it's not okay, and you know it. You can talk to me" he says honestly.

"Ooww" I whimper as I move away from his hand.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Okay, I'll go slower" he whispers.

"It's okay, you don't have to do this" I say feeling a little guilty that he was worrying so much.

"Stay still. Don't even try to say it again. I want to do it and I want you to feel better" he says as he continues to massage my neck and shoulders.
"Try to sleep, you'll feel better in the morning" he smiles softly and I didn't make him repeat it twice.