Birthday

Kara's POV

   "No! No! Get away!" I screamed at the Phantoms.

  "Supergirl! Wake up!" Cat yelled.

  I gasped as I woke up and the phantoms were gone. I slowed my breathing down.

"I- Sorry Cat I didn't mean to ruin the interview." I said.

  "No. I shouldn't have asked you those questions about.. you know what... Im so sorry"

  "It's fine. I'll have to get over it eventually" I said, walking out onto the balcony and flying away.

  Why did I do that?

  I hovered over the city, near the clouds. I came here whenever I had to clear my head. The breeze was so peaceful and the perfect place to relax. Suddenly I heard a voice over my comms.

  "Kara are you alright? I saw what happened on TV" J'onn said.

  "I am fine." I replied quickly. I don't really want to talk.

  "Are you su-"

"Yes, J'onn. I'm fine." I said before turning off my comms. I sighed and closed my eyes. I let the breeze hit my face and suddenly my super hearing picked up Maya crying. I flew to the house quickly and went into her room.

  "Hi baby.." I said, grabbing her out of her crib. I grabbed some baby food from the fridge and sat her in her chair. I poured it into the bowl and set it and a spoon down in front of her. Then I grabbed the spoon and slowly started feeding her. Then she grabbed the spoon out of my hand and decided to try doing it herself. This didn't surprise me much as Kryptonians are a lot more intelligent then humans and tend to pick up on things quicker.

  Soon the bowl was half eaten and she grabbed the bowl and threw it onto the floor. The food splattered everywhere. I sighed and rubbed my forehead before starting to clean the mess up. Maya started giggling.

  "Ha ha very funny" I said sarcastically and let out a small chuckle.

   Lena walked out of the bedroom.

  "Hey Kara.." She said shyly.

  "Are you alright, Lena?"

  "Im fine.. Are you?" She said. I now know that she had seen the interview.

  "Yeah I am fine. Just a bit stressed." I said before kissing Lena on the cheek.

  "If you say so.."

~
~ 6 months later
~

"Kara do you have all of the decorations?! We need to start setting it up!" Lena said.

"Yeah yeah. I got everything you asked for. Even the fancy cake from Italy." I said, laughing. Lena is always so cute when she works under pressure.

"Good girl." She said before kissing me on the cheek and grabbing the cake from my arms. My heart fluttered and my face turned red. Lena noticed and just chuckled.

"Shoot I gotta go! Fight downtown." I said to Lena.

"NOVA! GET YOUR SUIT ON. FIGHT DOWNTOWN" I yelled to her as she was in another room. She was next to me in an instant, in a suit that was a lot like mine. We flew off together towards the city.

Together, we quickly took down the large white martian and brought him to the DEO. After we got the unruly alien into the cell I went to talk to J'onn who seemed all out of sorts.

"J'onn are you alright?" I asked.

"Yeah.. I am fine.. I just have a feeling that I need to go to Mars. I think M'gann needs me.." He said.