Trouble In Paradise

Kara's POV

    Things have been going great! Lena is officially halfway through her pregnancy and so far the public hasn't figured anything out. The crime rate has gone down by 45% and I feel like everything is going as it should. Im finally happy.

"Could you run to Paris and get those donuts I really like? This baby is making me craze them." Lena asked.

"Of course, babe. Ill be back in 30 minutes." I said, getting my suit on and flying off.
I would do anything for her.

I grabbed the donuts and headed back to National City. I love flying and it's definitely a great stress reliever.

Ooo a garage sale.. I see baby stuff

I quickly got my normal clothes back on and walked up to the sale.

"How much do you want for that crib?" I asked, pointing at the crib. It wasn't assembled yet. It was still in the box.

"I'd take 20 for it." The person replied.

"Perfect!" I handed over a 20 dollar bill and grabbed the box before walking out of sight and changing into my suit. I flew off with the donuts and crib before making to to National city a few minutes later.

"Babe! I found a really nice crib at a garage sale in Texas." I said, setting it down in front of her. She stared at the image that was on the side of the box.

"It looks perfect Kara! Thank you!" She said, grabbing the box of donuts out of my hand and starting to eat them all.

"The one with custard is mine." I said.

"In your dreams, Danvers" She said, starting to eat that one. I shook my head and let out a small chuckle.

"Supergirl, trouble on 24th street" I heard J'onn say over my comms.

"On my way!" I said. "I'll be back soon Lena."

~
~ That evening
~

"Do you wanna go to Al's bar tonight with the others?" I asked Lena.

"Sure! I could use some time out of the house" She quickly slipped on an oversized hoodie to hide her bump and I flew us to Al's.

The place was relatively empty. It was just our group, Al, and one random guy at the bar. Alex, J'onn, and Maggie were all in their suits too. Well, Maggie was just in her police uniform.

As the night went on the guy at the bar remained. He was alone, drinking one beer after another.

"What do you think happened to him?" I said pointing.

"Probably a nasty breakup." Lena replied.

The guy turned to look at us. Shit

"None of the above." He said, taking off his hood. Lex Luthor. I pushed Lena behind me. He reached into his bag and grabbed a large weapon. What is that?!

"Get out of here, Lex! You aren't welcome." Lena yelled.

"Ah yes. My gay little sister. What a disgrace you are to the Luthor name." He said loudly.

"Don't talk to her like that!" I yelled, as my eyes started glowing. He just laughed.

"Take one step, Ms. Danvers. I dare you." He said. I scoffed and started running towards him with the intent to knock him out. He started up his weapon and thats when I realized what it really was.

"NO!" I screamed as the beam hit me.

~ Lena's POV

"NO!" Kara screamed as the beam hit her. She disappeared almost instantly.