Christmas

Kara's POV
Christmas Day

  I was the first to wake up. I opened my eyes and looked next to me. Lena was fast asleep. I kissed her on the forehead before quietly getting out of bed and heading to the bathroom. I decided to shower, knowing that Eliza would be taking a lot of pictures today.

  By the time I got out, I heard Eliza in the kitchen, probably making food. I changed into the comfiest pajamas I could find. Lena woke up slowly.

"Morning sleepyhead.." I whispered.

"Morning Kara.." She said, yawning.

Eventually, the others woke up too and we all headed downstairs for breakfast. Eliza had made all of us plates. Pancakes and bacon. I was practically drooling. I had the plate with the most food as I needed about 2 times the calories then everyone else.

Once we finished eater we headed to the tree and started opening presents. Alex opened her gift from Maggie first.

"No way!" She said, pulling a helmet from the box and staring at it an awe. "Thank you babe!" She leaned over and kissed Maggie.

Next, Maggie opened up her gift from me. Im not very good with gifts but Alex said she liked T-shirts. In the box there were 6 shirts and a sweater.

"Thank you, Kara! I desperately needed more shirts cause someone has been stealing mine" she said staring at Alex.

Lena opened her present from me. Inside the box their was a ring. A promise ring, not an engagement one.. yet.

"Kara it's beautiful!" She said.

"I got you this ring because I want to promise that I'll be here for you. Forever and always. Through the good and the bad. I will always protect you." I said. Lena smiled and slipped the ring on the ring finger of her right hand. I saw Alex tearing up.

"Alex, are you ok?" Lena asked.

"Yup.. Yeah. Im good! I just never thought I would see the day where I saw my sister so deep in love.." She replied.

We carried on opening presents. Maggie opened hers from Lena.

"No way! This is my dream pistol!" She said lifting it out of the box and starting to check it out. She hugged Lena and thanked her.

The last gift left under the tree was from Lena to me. I grabbed the medium sized box and looked at her before tearing off the wrapping paper. Inside was a medium sized crystal. I looked up at her, I was a bit confused. I pulled it out of the box and noticed a small button on it. I pressed it. The crystal moved out of my hand and onto the table before perfectly displaying a hologram of my mother. I gasped.

"I know you have something like this at the DEO but this one you can take on the go." Lena said. I ran over to her and gave her a hug.

  "Thank you, Lena." I whispered, tearing up.

~
~ That evening
~

@Supergirl
12 hours ago
  Cherish your loved ones this Christmas. Im so glad I get to spend this special day with Lena. I hope my friend, The Martian Manhunter, is treating all of you well in National City. Ill be back soon!

 Ill be back soon!

8.3m likes                       23,108comments

@CatGrant - Merry Christmas!
@JamesOlsen - bah humbug
@WinnSchott - Merry Christmas Supercorp!
@MartianManhunter - Come back soon. This city is hard work on my own!
_________________________________________________________

I scrolled through the comments on my post, replying to some, liking others. There were always the few hate comments that I deleted.

"Me, Mom, and Maggie are running to town! We will be back soon." Alex said loudly.

"Stay safe!" I yelled out. I heard the door slam and the car pull out of the driveway. I crawled over to Lena, and gently pinned her down on the bed.

"What can we do now that we are home alone?" I said, smirking.

"I think you already have something in mind.." Lena said, giggling.

~
~
~

  "Shit do you hear that!?" I said, stopping what we were doing.

  "No..?" Lena said.

  "They are home!" I replied, hopping out of the bed and putting some clothes on. Lena did the same but I couldn't help but notice how wobbly she was.

  "We are home!" Alex yelled.

  "Welcome back!" I replied, walking with Lena to greet them. Maggie laughed.

  "What? Whats so funny?" Lena asked.

  "Little Luthor got some!" Maggie said. Me and Lena's faces turned a tomato red.

  "Ew! Maggie! Ew! Ew! Ew!" Alex said, covering her ears. Eliza looked away from us.

  "Thats a little embarrassing" Lena whispered to me.

  "Agreed" I whispered back.

~
~ January 6th (Anniversary)
~

  "Happy Anniversary, baby!" I said, as Lena woke up from a deep sleep. "I flew to Paris and got your favorite blueberry scone and coffee!"

  "You didn't have to!" Lena said, getting out of bed and happily taking the scone and coffee. "But I am glad you did!"

  Me and Lena spent the whole day together, watching movies, eating food, and just enjoying each other's company. I had J'onn cover for me.

"Move in with me." Lena said suddenly. I stayed silent for a moment, in shock.

"Yeah.. yes! Of course!" I replied. She smiled.

"We can get a new place together. Somewhere where the public wont know." She paused. "The hill that overlooks the city! Where we had our double We can build a little cabin up there."

"That sounds perfect!" I replied.

Word Count: 923