Breaking News

Kara turned on the news early that morning, which was unlike her. Kara much preferred to sleep in on the average morning. However she found herself eager to see the reaction to what she had done the night before.

"Breaking news! All of the collapsed building that used to be Luthor Corp has made its way to a dump yard just outside of the city, leaving only dust behind. Who or what could be behind this? Is our Maid of Might back in action? Stay tuned as we attempt to uncover the truth."

  Kara couldn't help but to smiled. She felt more accomplished than she had in awhile. However, her thoughts were inturrupted by the sudden knock on her door. She turned off her television before bouncing out of her seat and towards the front door.

  "Lena! Hey!"

  "Hello, Kara. Have you seen the news?! Its crazy!"

  "Yes. I just turned it off. I wonder what happened?" Kara attempted to hide her grin, failing miserably. Alex was right, she was truly terrible at keeping secrets.

  "Im not sure but whatever or whoever did that just saved me 1.4 million dollars!"

  "You alright Kara?"

  "Yeah, yeah. I'm good. I just have a bit of a headache. I didn't sleep well." Usually Kara would be lying whenever she said that. However this time it was true. She felt her head pounding and felt herself becoming more and more lightheaded. "I actually have to go somewhere. Ill see you around!" Kara rushed out of the door, leaving her new friend behind quite confused.

  "That's the third time this week." Lena sighed.

~
~At the DEO
~

  "Alex!" Kara called out as she approached her sister at a wobbly pace. Alex was noticeably stressed, Kara could tell by the way she was biting the corner of her lip with her brows furrowed.

  "Kara! Im so so sorr-" Alex's expression changed immediately. Kara cut her off mid sentence as she felt herself getting more and more light headed.

  "No time to talk about last night! Something is seriously... wrong... with m-" Kara felt the would around her spin as her vision got cloudy. Before she knew it she was on the floor, unconscious.

~
~
~

  Kara hummed loudly as she was awoken by a large shining light. She opened her eyes to find her side lying underneath the sun lamps. Kara felt too weak to move, so she shifted her gaze from one side of the room to the other before making eye contact with Alex.

  "Kara, hey.." She said to Kara quietly. "You should start to feel better soon"

  "What happened?" Kara found herself saying. She still felt the pounding in her head, so she closed her eyes.

  "There was still kryptonite in your system. Not nearly enough to be fatal, but enough to make you feel uncomfortable." Alex paused. "We did more scans, and we found damage to your spine in your neck. It looks like what would happen to a human had they been shot in the neck. Only it's partially healed. We tried to find a bullet, but we couldn't. There is no trace of anything in your neck, except what appears to be a high content of Kryptonite."

  "Oh."

  "I suspect approximately 5 days ago. The day the building collapsed." Brian said as he entered the room.

  "Oh. So when will I be free to go?"

  "I would recommend 3 mores hours under the sun lamp to regain your strength as it used to be." Brian said.

  "Right. I guess Ill just take a nap"

~
~
~

Kara awoke from her nap 5 hours later. They checked her one last time to make sure the Kryptonite in her system was fading away, which it was. Kara said her goodbyes and 'thank you's' to the doctors that helped her. Still, she felt weak and decided to walk home. It was only a few blocks away and she wasn't keen on the idea of flying in this state.