Chapter 7

'Hi,' he replied, as awkwardly as me, "Long time, no see."

'Haha, yeah' I said as I slid into the booth opposite him. He took my hand that was resting on the table and I looked up, finally daring to meet his eyes. 'I've missed you,' he said softly, genuinely. I smiled at him, 'I've missed you too.' 

_______________________________________

We stepped out of Nandos together and began walking down the main street. The air was cool, and I wasn't wearing the warmest clothing so Calum wrapped his arm over my shoulders, in a casual but protective way. I wondered if that was meant to mean anything but mentally shrugged and let him keep his arm there. After the intial awkwardness, we were soon back into the swing of things. He told me all about their new adventures with the band and what they had planned for the future. I smiled and was happy for him, but that deep sadness was still there, buried in my chest, the pain of him leaving again for his band. 

But I hid it, like I hide many other things from people, I guess I'm pretty good at that sort of thing now. We continued walking in a comfortable silence, both of us thinking deeply. 'Hey,' he said, breaking the silence, 'Can I show you something?' I looked at him with a skeptical expression. 'Depends what it is.' 

He just laughted and told me it was going to be a surprise. Agreeing, I climbed into the passenger seat of his cute Mini Sport, and Cal started the engine. After fifteen minutes of meaninless chatter, he said I had to close my eyes because we were nearly there. I rolled my eyes and told him he was such a kid, before obeying and squeezing them shut tight. We pulled over and Cal came around and helped me get out of the car. He covered my eyes with his hands to make sure I didnt peak and led me forward. 

We were soon inside and it felt like I was walking down a small hall way, for all I know, he could have been leading me to a rape dungeon. Another door swung open infront of me and Cal led me a couple of paces forward before telling me to stop. He took his hands away from my eyes. 'You can open them now.' 

Comment, Rate & Fan! :)

Copyright alex21bee 2013