Chapter 10

A/N: Hello my beautiful readers!

You have permission to kill me! I'm so bad at updating and I'm not even going to try and give an excuse this time. Hope you enjoy :)

Alex xx

------------------------------------------------------------------

'Liss? You can come down now,' my mother called. I jumped down the stairs, taking them two at a time and ran to the kitchen. They were perched on the high counter, with cups of tea in their hands. I went over to the kettle and began making myself a cup. 'So mum, you've been talking to Cal,' I said, my back turned to them. 'Yes yes, he is a lovely gentleman,' answered mum, a hint of affection in her tone. I paused, wait, mum actually liked one of my friends for once? That's certainly a first. 'And...?' I waited for her to continue. 'And, I have reached the conclusion that if you would like to go, you can- but it's your choice.' I nearly dropped the steaming mug. 'What?!' I said in disbelief, turning around and staring at her with wide eyes. I went up to where she was sitting and shook her shoulders slightly. 

'Are you sure its you? Some alien hasn't taken over your body?' Mum laughed and gently removed my hands. 'Yes I'm sure. I think it's a wonderful opportunity and you can always take online classes or get a tutor while you're on the road. 'But...' I hadn't really prepared myself for this turn of events. My plan was that Mum would say no so I wouldn't have to deal with Cal myself. Dammit.

'Um, I'm going to need to think about it.' I said quietly. 'That's fine,' Calum piped up, finally speaking, 'Tell me what you have decided by tomorrow night, and I'll let the others know.' He stood up, 'It was a pleasure meeting you Ms Evans,' he smiled at her. 'Nice meeting you too Calum,' she stood too and they shook hands before she showed him to the door. 

When Mum came back, I was still sitting frozen with shock at the counter. 'What did he say to you?' I exlaimed. She chuckled, 'That it would change your life.' she replied. 

Comment, vote & fan! :)

Copyright alex21bee 2013