Chapter 2

'Your early!' cried Luke as I walked up to the entrance of the small venue. 'Hey! Yeah Mum had to work so she dropped me off,' I explained as we embraced each other in a warm hug. 'Do you mind helping then? We need to carry the stuff in still.' 'Sure.' I shrugged and followed him out to their van. 'Alissa's here guys!' announced Luke. Michael and Calum both put down their stuff and greeted me with hugs. 'Could you take this?' Asked Mike, handing me a snare drum and a guitar. It took it from him and headed into the venue with the boys. 

'Who's drumming for you tonight?' I struck up a conversation as we were walking. 'Well a friend of ours was going to come down but if he can't make it we'll get Tim from Wake The Giants to fill in.' I nodded in response and set the guitar down, befor opening the case and beginning to unpack it. A loud chorus of voices made me look in the direction of a new comer. I stood up and walked over to the group. 'Hey Lis, this is the guy we were talking about. Alissa Ashton, Ashton Alissa.' said Calum, introducing us. I looked him up and down. Yup, he would certainly fit in with the guys. 'I approve.' I stated, grinning at him. He returned my smile with a cheeky one of his own. 'Lets get the rest of the stuff unpacked, shall we?' suggested Luke. 

_________________________________________________________________________

'Epic set guys, your new material is sounding sick!' I complimented as I began to help them take their instruments and amps off stage. 'Thanks!' replied Calum, flashing me a smile, 'We were thinking of doing a new cover soon too!' 'I'll keep an eye out for it, tweet me the release date!' I replied as I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. Opening the message, I yelled to the guys still onstage, 'Hey! Dad's outside! I gotta go, sorry I can't stay and help you guys with packup.' 'Nah, that's fine!' called Ashton. 'See you soon Lis!' yelled Michael. Opening the venue doors I was greeted with a warm breeze and I saw my car nearby. As it drove off, I looked back at the venue behind me, growing smaller until it was just a small dot on the horizon. 

Copyright alex21bee 2012