Chapter 30

Hi Guys, I'm sorry that it's taken me so long to update. Thank you to all those who have stuck with this story. I appreciate it. Please let me know what you think.

Kings Landing

DAENERYS POV

It had been a few weeks since Cersei Lannister was killed for her crimes. The rebuilding of the city had been going well, and proper sewage systems were being built.

The citizens of Kings Landing had begun returning and she had made sure that they would all have food to eat and a place to sleep. The Unsullied and Dothraki as well as other soldiers that had volunteered to remain in Kings Landing were working tirelessly to build up the city again.

Her baby belly was now clearly visible and she went about hiding it by wearing loose dresses. She would only announce her pregnancy once her and Jon were wed.

The wedding was to take place today and she could not be more thrilled and excited. They had decided to wait until the Great Sept was rebuilt and it finally had been completed. Jon had wanted to get married in front of the Godswood tree but they decided they would marry in front of the Old Gods after she gives birth as she did not want to travel while being pregnant.

They had spent their nights separately for a sennight, she had thought it would make their wedding night more meaningful and satisfying. She craved to be intimate with him, and tonight it would finally come to play. She would get to make love to her handsome Northerner all night long.

A knock came on the door that drew her out of her thinking.

"Enter" she said.

Missandei entered with a bright smile on her face.
"You are looking positively radiant today" Missandei said with a grin.

"I am looking forward to this wedding" she replied with a smile.

"I am truly happy for you Daenerys. No one deserves true happiness as much as you do. You have sacrificed your happiness time and time again for the benefit of the people and I am glad that this time you have finally chosen your own happiness" Missandei said with tears in her eyes.

She immediately embraces her closest friend and replies "Thank you. I couldn't have done it without you by my side"

Missandei smiles back warmly and replies, "We should get started on your hair".

"Yes we should" she replied with a smile.

"Jon had this sent for you" says Missandei as she reveals a medium sized crown box.

She takes the box and opens it and in lies what she thought she'd never lay eyes on again, her mothers crown. Tears immediately flood her eyes. She was taken aback at how thoughtful Jon could be. She had no idea how he had been able to find her mothers crown but she was immensely grateful that he had.

JONS POV

The Great Sept was filled with all the Lords and Ladies, Dothraki and Unsullied that had come to witness the wedding. Even Sansa had been amongst the crowd. He thought that it would be important to have the children of Ned Stark present at his wedding.

Arya was stood in the front of the crowd with Gendry by her side. She looked at him with a bright smile. Bran looked at him with indifference and Sansa looked like she would rather be anywhere else. He trusted she would not be foolish enough to make a scene here. Dany was done overlooking her treason and if Sansa crossed her once more she would be punished.

He was dressed in a black coat with silver embroidery. He accompanied it with a black cloak with red embroidery and a dragon-shaped clasp. He had his hair cut shorter and let it frame his face freely.