Chapter 7

Heyyy Everyone. I hope you're still enjoying this story ! Seeing that some of you are actually reading this encourages me to update everyday ❣️

(Winterfell)
JONS POV
He barely got any sleep last night. He was tossing and turning all night long. Haunted about how he had broke his Danys heart and left things between to two of them.

He saw the look of hurt in her beautiful violet eyes, and the fact that he's the one responsible for that look filled him with rage.
If only his parents had not acted so impulsively and selfishly maybe everything would be different for him and Daenerys.

He knew that he needed to tell his siblings of his true parentage. He needed them to know that their father was honorable and was not unfaithful to their mother despite him being the biggest liar Jon had ever known.

He also had to tell Ygritte of his intention to marry her. Hopefully he could get the wedding affair done as quickly as possible so no one would be able to raise questions about trueborn nature of his babe. Ygritte had to be around 2 moons pregnant.

He decided to make his way to her chambers.
She opened the door and he entered.
She looked to be glowing, it was odd seeing her little bump on her belly. His babe was growing inside.
Despite the way things had turned out he does not regret his babe, he will love and protect him or her no matter what.
He looked over at her nervously, and said
"Ygritte, I know this pregnancy is unexpected and neither of us wanted this to happen however it is now my duty to raise this babe with you and I will, so will you be my bride ?". He took her hands gently into his and looked into her blue, green eyes awaiting her reply.
She grinned and replied cheekily "You'll have to steal me if you want to marry me Jon Snow".
"You're pregnant with my babe, I don't think stealing you is necessary" he replied with a slight laugh. "I am the warden of the North and we'll have to get married in front of weirwood tree, with all the Northern ladies and lords as our witnesses. We will also have to host a feast after. This is the proper Northern way, and you are marrying me a Northman.
"Okay Jon Snow, I accept your proposal" she replies in her low husky voice.
"I'll make arrangements for us to wed by sunset. There's no point in waiting long to wed. I'll have some handmaidens come tend to you and get you ready for the wedding" he says.

He then goes to find his sisters and brother- well cousins to tell them the news.
They are surprised at the sudden family meeting.
He bursts out, "Ygritte is pregnant. I intend to wed her tonight".
Arya replies with a wide smile on her face "This is great news Jon, I'm going to be an aunt. Congratulations".
Sansa looks at him with disbelief "I am happy for you Jon, but a wildling girl is not a suitable bride for the Lord of Winterfell".
Her reply irritates him, as if he has a choice in the matter. He replies coldly "She is the mother of my babe, it's my duty to wed her Sansa. I hope you don't mind making all the wedding arrangements for sunset.
Sansa responds "This is such short notice. I best get started", and she leaves.
Bran congratulates him with a strange look on his face. Bran truly was no longer the same boy he grew up with. He seemed different. Being the three eyed raven had really changed him.
Bran also took their leave and it was now just him and Arya.
She says with a smirk on her face "I truly thought you had a thing with the Dragonqueen brother. You should see the way you look at her".
Seven hells he thought to himself. Of course Arya would be one of the few people to make out the way he felt for Daenerys. She was always good at reading people and situations. He responds hastily, trying to cover up his relationship with Daenerys  "Gods no Arya. Daenerys is the queen. Why would she have anything to do with a bastard".
"Don't speak about yourself in that way Jon, any woman would be lucky to have you, even the Dragonqueen", she says and leaves.
If only she knew the truth he thought to himself.

TYRIONS POV
The reception in the North had been a cold one. He however couldn't blame the Northerners as the Lannisters had committed many atrocious crimes against the North.
He wasn't worried about himself though or the Lannister name, he was more concerned about getting the Northmen to accept Daenerys truly and give her their loyalty.
Jon Snow the bastard had already given her his loyalty and more from what he'd gathered by watching how they had been with each other on the boat. He could see that Jon was smitten with the Queen. And to his surprise it seemed like Jon had had the same effect on the queen.

He was on his way to break his fast when he came across some concerning news. The warden of the North was getting married today. Servants were sorting out the stuff for the wedding that would commence at sunset.
Why was this the first time he'd heard of this. Surely Queen Daenerys wouldn't get married without informing her hand first.
He then decided he had to go speak to the Queen and find out what was going on.
He knocked on the door, and was greeted by Missandei, the queens closest friend.
"Your Grace, can I have a word with you ?"
"Of course" she says kindly.
Missandei takes her leave and it's just him and the Queen now. She looks upset and her eyes are puffy as if she had been crying. She still however looks like the most beautiful woman in the world.
"Are you getting married today, your grace ?" he questions.
She looks at him, she seems very uncomfortable and replies, "No I'm afraid not, Lord Hand. Jon Snow is marrying his wildling lover, Ygritte".
He was entirely shocked, why on earth would Jon Snow want to marry a wildling when he could have the most beautiful woman. "Forgive me your Grace. I assumed wrong. I had thought that you and Jon Snow were paramours but it seems like I was mistaken".
The queen replied in a queenly voice "You were not mistaken Lord Hand, however things between Jon Snow and I are over. I have some matters to attend to but I will see you at the wedding".
He bows and leaves.
He was not entirely confused as to what was going on. The young couple had seemed very much in love and happy.

DAENERYS POV
They were all gathered around the Weirwood Heart tree. All the guests carried torches.
Jon stood in front of the tree. He was dressed in a Northern leather tabard and he was wearing black furs. His hair was tied back and he looked very comely. He didn't seem very excited to be getting married. He was brooding.

She thought the two of them had belonged together. It felt that way to her and she thought he felt the same way. She was a gullible girl. She let her feelings get in the way and here she was in the ice cold North, helping her dear nephew fight the dead, while Cersei Lannister grew stronger each day. If she had known she's receive this cold and unwelcoming reception here in the North despite her coming all the way to help them, she never would've come.

The red head wildling was making her way to Jon. They said their vows in front of the tree. Everyone cheered for them, except her. It did hurt seeing her love marry another.
Everyone was now off to the feast. She wished she could not attend but since she was queen it was her duty to attend and smile and pretend that she was happy. She stuck with Missandei, Grey Worm and Jorah the entire night. They were her closest companions and they made her feel less dull and alone.

She had to go give the newly wed couple her congratulations. The wildling girl seemed to be glowing and she looked truly happy. Jon on the other hand looked very uncomfortable.
"Congratulations, i wish you all the happiness in the world" she said with a smile on her face.
Jon seemed surprised that she had coke to congratulate them "Thank you, your Grace" he said in his gruff Northern accent.
She looked around her and everyone seemed happy and jovial. Lady Sansa however didn't look to happy about the wedding.
She decided to retire early and made her way back to her chambers followed by her guards.
She tried to rest, but she couldn't. All she thought off was how Jon would be bedding another woman tonight, his wife.
She felt devastated.

JONS POV
He had done it. He wed out of duty. Maester Aemon had once told him that love is the death of duty but right now his duty was the death of his love.
It broke his heart to stand in front of the Weirwood tree and wed a woman he was not in love with.
He saw his Dany, she tried to look all queenly and unaffected but he knew it broke her heart as much as it did his.
He hated himself for hurting her but he had no choice. He couldn't be with his aunt, no matter how badly he wanted to. It wasn't right.
It was time for the bedding ceremony. However he knew that he didn't have the heart to partake in it.
"I'm afraid there will be no bedding. My lords and ladies", he said.
He then grabbed Ygritte's hand and led her to their chambers. He heard the load cheers of the crowd behind them.
When they got to the chamber Ygritte tried to kiss him and undress him but he stopped her. She looked at him angrily.
"I'm not in the mood. I need some air", he told her and before she could reply he was already walking away.

He somehow found himself outside Danys chambers. Before he could even stop himself he was already knocking on the door.
She opened and she had looked breathtaking. Her braids were undone and her silver locks sat freely.
He moved passed her and closed the door.