Chapter 11

Hello everyone !
Thank you for still reading this story ❣️ let me know what you think about it
So as I said previously, in this chapter it's the day before the battle with the army of the dead. So a fortnight has passed.

(Winterfell)
DAENERYS POV

She couldn't help but feel anxious, by nightfall the army of the dead would arrive at Winterfell. No doubt many lives would be lost, she could possibly lose her own life.
She feared for everyone's lives but most of all she feared that she would lose Jon.
If something were to happen to him no doubt her heart would broken. He was her only family left in the world.
She felt confident that she'd be able to protect herself. She had finally learnt how to wield a sword properly and she was confident that she'd be able to stand her ground. Arya had proven to be a wonderful teacher.
Jon had told her that she had proven to be a good swordsman in quite a short time. She didn't know if he was just saying that to make her feel more confident but it did help with that. She was no confident in using a sword. Gendry had made her a thin sword a lot like Aryas. It was light and easy to maneuver.
The past few weeks, she had found Jon appearing in her chambers every single night. They would talk for hours until they fell asleep and every morning she would wake up with his arms around her. Having him so close warmed her heart. She wanted more from him, she wanted him to be hers, however she would settle with whatever she could get. She knew that it was just a matter of time before he would have to make a choice between her or his babe and wife. She already knew what he would choose. It broke her heart but she had no say in the matter and she wouldn't beg for a man to be hers. If her nephew preferred to have a wildling family over being with her she would let him.

She had made her way through the dark, dreary halls of Winterfell to attend the last war council. She made her way to the seat next to Jon. Lady Sansa shot her daggers, which had been a normal occurrence during her time in Winterfell. She had tried to make an effort with Lady Sansa, but her efforts were met with coldness and spite.
The last battle strategies were discussed. They were going to use wildfire to try and take out most of the army. It was her suggestion. Fire could prove to be a useful tool to win this war.
She and Jon would be flying above on Drogon and Rhaegal setting alight to the wildfire and burning any other wights with dragonfire.
After all matters were discussed Jon had stood up and spoke "By nightfall the dead will be here, everyone should spend this time with their loved ones, I wish you all well in the war to come".
Everyone exited, and it was just Jon, Ygritte and her that remained.
"Ygritte, would you mind giving me and the queen a moment alone, I'll meet you back at your chambers" he pleaded with the wildling woman.
"Don't keep me waiting, Snow" she replied to him.
Ygritte proceeded to look at her with a distrustful, angry look and then she left.

"What's the matter, Jon ?" she asks concerned.
"I just wanted to spend some time with you, my queen" he smiles at her at embraces her.
"You should be spending this time with your family, in no time the dead will be here. Go say your goodbyes in case we fail to defeat the Night King" she says softly. She feels guilty to be taking him away from his wife.
"Aye, I will. But first I want to spend some time with you Dany. I've missed you" he says looking deep into her eyes.
"I've missed you as well. However Jon, what are you going to do when I'll be residing in Kingslanding and you'll be here in Winterfell" she asks softly.
"I don't know Dany, I just want to be in your presence for as long as I can" he says sweetly.
They spend a few hours just enjoying each other's company.

TYRIONS POV

The army of the dead would be here soon, despite our good tactics that we have in place, it will be a bloody war, many lives will be lost to the dead. Hell, we might all end up dead.
He makes his way to find Jamie and spend some time with his brother before the battle begins.
They are both sat in front of a fireplace enjoying what might be their last drink together.
"I wish father could be here, I would love to see the look on his face when he realizes his two sons are about to die defending Winterfell" he says with a chuckle.
Jamie snorts"That would be something to see"
They enjoy speaking about the past. How simple things used to be, he thinks to himself.
Soon they are joined by Ser Davos, Tormund and Brienne if Tarth.
He can see that Lady Brienne seems quite fond of his brother. He wonders if his brother would ever pursue a relationship with another woman other than their evil sister Cersei.
Well he supposes he could ask Jamie if they all survive this battle.