Recovery

Motoyasu woke up, he was lying down on a bed. He survived the onslaught that was 3 attacks. The most terrifying thing about it all was that it seemed that man held back for every single attack. He trembled, but also thought back to. Just a few moments before he lost consciousness, he heard him say, "Get him a healer, this fight is over.". Those words resonated within him, and he decided to change his method of combat. That guy could have easily mocked him and still beaten him just as badly. But he chose to remain serious, and not leave him any chances to attack. It seemed he let him have the last swing mostly out of curiosity, as to how hard it would be.

From here on out he would have to throw away his pride, and ego. That man crushed both, but he didn't rub it in his face, he simply called for a healer, and tried to take his leave.

He heard from the other heroes, that they tried challenging him, but backed down when he readied his sword. The thing that struck him about that was how they described he kept his eye on them the entire time he was turning away, only looking away once he was fully facing away.

Maybe he was expecting them to try something and made sure to let them know he wasn't going to let that slide.

-Back with Mike

"Wow, Master Naofumi, get on, the seats are pretty comfortable!" Raphtalia called out to Naofumi, who decided to get on.

"Oh wow, not bad for a military vehicle."

Mike turned the ignition, and found out the thing had no fuel, "Crap, didn't come with any fuel..."

Naofumi instantly lost faith in it. " If that thing doesn't have gas then it's not of any use to us."

"I need to find a large body of water, then I can refuel this thing since it runs on hydrogen. The only thing is that I haven't scouted the area, so I don't know if any lakes are nearby."

"So how are you going to get it to one?"

"I'm going to put it in neutral, and I'm going to hide it somewhere until we can find something that looks strong enough to push it because I'd rather not attract the eyes of more people than I already have."

"You want to be subtle when you already stand out that much with the color and appearance of your armor?"

"Alright, you got me there, but I just don't want to feed the fire more than I already have."

"Fair enough. But I think I might have an idea on something that could pull it, but you're probably not going to like the place."

-At the Slave Traders

"You were right, I don't like this place one bit."

Mike was disgusted upon walking in and seeing all the demi-humans and monsters in cages, as they looked on at him in fear, due to his immense size, but also partially due to the lights on his helmet that illuminated the area. He figured it'd be a good idea to turn off the lights to avoid more attention.

"Ah, my friend, good to see you again! Oh? Did you bring this man too? Would you perhaps like a slave as well?"

"I'm not your friend, and the reason I'm here is that those eggs caught my eye."

"Ah, a chance at a dragon, with at least a Filolial guaranteed with 100 silvers?"

"Yeah, that's the one."

Mike whispers to Naofumi, " I think I'll just push the thing to some water, you can raise whatever you get in the meantime."

"Finally decided to listen to me?"

Annoyed, Mike turned his light on at full brightness, temporarily blinding Naofumi.

"Aagh! What the hell man?!"

"Consider that revenge for the comment."

Mike left the building afterward, leaving Naofumi behind, rubbing his eyes.

-Later on

"Here's the hog, better get it moving.."
Mike proceeded to put the warthog in neutral and then began pushing it to a nearby lake. Initially, he wanted to be discreet, but there was no point in that as he already stood out a ton from the beating he gave the spear hero and his appearance.

"There we go, now I need to wait a few minutes." The spartan looked around, and with his enhanced hearing he heard the clattering of metal. "Damn it, they decided to try and kill me for beating that fool an inch away from death."

He zooms in using his visor, and his suspicion is confirmed, and much to his annoyance, that princess was leading them. He knew it was inevitable that he'd have to fight, but he'd record the encounter to prove he wasn't the first attacker.

"You have brought nothing but disorder upon your arrival! For that, you will die!" The princess shouted at him.

"Are you mad I exposed your scheme and proved my friends innocence?"

Myne was furious now, and the soldiers noticed, which the spartan took note of.

Turning on his loudspeaker, he spoke, "Listen, all I've been trying to do is clear up an injustice my friend the Shield Hero had on them, he did nothing to the princess, and as I demonstrated earlier, nothing at all indicates that she was taken advantage of. The shield hero didn't defile her, that's a lie."

"Kill this demon!" Myne practically screamed, who was livid by this point.

The soldiers looked at each other, and then the Spartan in front of them. They were conflicted, on one hand, they had orders from the princess. But even though they didn't want to admit it, this man put up a very valid argument. Her skin was unscathed.

"You don't have to do this, soldiers, you are all allowed to be your person, and as such, you can believe in anything you choose."

Upon hearing this Myne screamed with even greater fury, "Kill him already you dogs!"

That was her critical error.

All the soldiers looked at her with a blank stare and dropped their weapons, this was just mere revenge for a fight that was won despite the other party cheating.

The princess decided to take matters into her own hands, and prepared to fight the spartan, "If they won't kill you, then I will!".

Without saying a word, Mike got into a fighting stance and prepared to fight, but a voice caught the attention of both of them, with Mike surprised to see the speedy recovery of said person.

"Myne, don't start this battle! You won't win!"

The Spartan replied with a slightly smug tone, "Good to see I knocked some sense into you.".