Fighting another Wave

"Shit! Get off the Hog, we need to move now!"

The Spartan jumped off the warthog and sprinted towards the city at a speed even higher than that of his warthog, kicking up massive amounts of dirt every time his feet dug into the ground, he saw the furry Guta destroying the city, and he delivered a strong punch, knocking it back 100 feet, and severely injuring the beast. At this point, he realizes his armor can't keep up with his power. He remembers what Ren mentioned and tries to channel some of his Ki into the suit.

And nothing happens.

He tries a 2nd time, no luck.

At this point, he's running up to the guta, about to strike, and he tries again.

His armor flares up as an over-shield is generated, and he sees that his suit is now using Ki to increase further the amount it multiplies his already high power. Then, shockingly, his punch plows through the Guta, leaving a gaping, Spartan-Sized hole. Mike sees this and considers using Ki to enhance his firearms, but realizes that it would likely only help if he used it to strengthen the weapon, as the pressure from a ki explosion could easily destroy the gun. It would be much more practical to apply that to a plasma weapon, a railgun, or Spartan Laser, which he's occasionally used.

It would be possible, but it would take some serious concentration, which would be difficult in a brutal battle for an average person, which he wasn't, but this was all new ground for him. The UNSC had no info on this, as it didn't exist as far as he knew. While he did learn about it from the shows they were on, the creatures resembling gutas were new. Nothing like them existed, which means it's entirely possible for him to also run into creatures like brutes here. Remembering how he nearly died on his first few encounters with them, barely surviving while being rendered unconscious due to blood loss. The marines could use bio-foam to stop the bleeding, and he was able to return to fighting, much to their dismay, as he was not in a condition to do so. Eventually, the battle ended, and he received medical attention.

Dr. Halsey didn't take very well to what he did, and she let him know; however, he did save many marines, so harsh punishment was not placed on him. He was forced to move with a deactivated suit, which he did struggle with.

But thinking back now does nothing. He needs to defeat the enemies at hand and save this town. Without wasting any more time, the group begins fighting, although it's clear that Mike and Sakura are further ahead than everyone else in terms of strength, with Naofumi being very tanky, shrugging off several attacks. 

"Ouch! Damn, that stung!" Naofumi angrily swatted away a monster, He could tank hits, but he definitely still felt them, particularly from the Guta-like creatures. " Ow, Gah! Dammit! That really is starting to hurt more!" Their attacks did leave several cuts on his skin whenever they attacked, but they didn't penetrate very far beyond that. But he was being hit more than most others since he generally would be slower and has not trained his agility.

Sakura was faring much better due to her innately being agile, but now, also from her training alongside Mike. She was also punching hard enough to crack the skulls of the Guta monsters. She stuck near the spartan, the two covering each other's blind spots. 

Mike was decimating every monster he fought. The only struggle was the Guta monsters since he wouldn't have a running wind-up, so they took more punches and kicks to kill. But then Mike realizes he could try something else out. He makes a fist, then stretches his index and middle finger together, charging a beam and sending it through a horde of monsters. It penetrated them but killed only two since the others were not hit at vital points. He then decides to increase the scale.

"Ren! Try to get the Monsters' attention! I have a plan!"

"On it!"

Ren was very agile but struggled greatly with some of the monsters, and the Guta was almost too strong to defeat, and he had been gaining experience from killing more monsters. But he was still having a tough time. So when Mike made that order, Ren quickly obliged, leading monsters into a large group.